I got inspired to write this after reading a post by Tiffany over at Fabulous Mom Blog. I really enjoyed learning more about her, and it turns out that she got the inspiration to make a list after reading Crissy’s list over at Dear Crissy. Do you see what’s happening here… I wonder who will be next to jump onto this crazy bandwagon?
20 things you didn’t know about me (unless you’re my mom, sister, or best friend):
1. I am a creature of habit, and very set in my ways. Change doesn’t come easily to me. I’ll never be the first to try something which can be a real hindrance in my line of work. For example, I was about two years late to the Pinterest party and will forever be kicking myself for my delayed participation. Being so set in my ways also means that I will probably never get married again. I know… never say never.
2. Yes, I am divorced. I like being single, and so much so that I have not been married for the last eighteen years. I think marriage is great, but it’s just not for me right now. I think if I were younger, I might feel differently about it.
3. My favorite song of all time is “Sailing” by Christopher Cross. It transports me to someplace tropical and magical every time I hear it.
4. I became a Mom at age sixteen. While I don’t encourage anyone to enter into motherhood at such a young age, I am glad to share that it wasn’t a death sentence for me. With the right support system you can still go to college, have and live a productive life. I am one of the lucky ones. It worked out for me.
5. My son was named after the British punk rocker, Sid Vicious. I know… I know… Sid Vicious was no kind of role model. But I was young and it was the 80s. Sid is a cool name and it suits my son well. He’s always been a cool kid. I wouldn’t trade him for anything in the world.
6. I could happily survive off a diet of wavy potato chips and onion dip. The kind made from sour cream and Lipton Onion Soup mix. I will never get enough of the stuff.
7. I secretly watch “Keeping Up with the Kardashians” late at night. Don’t judge.
8. I once had a massive Winnie the Pooh collection and sold it on Craig’s List for a lot of money.
9. I have a problem with the overuse of commas. After I write something, I always have to go back and edit to remove some.
10. I’m a city girl at heart, but I live out in the country. Living in such a rural area definitely has it’s perks, but I sometimes miss the conveniences of the city life.
11. I’m the crazy cat lady, but with dogs. I have two very spoiled, poorly behaved dogs. I would have twenty more of them if I could.
12. I HATE captcha and curse the person who invented it. If you are a blogger, I beg you to please not make me go through captcha to leave a comment on your post.
13. I love reading blogs and have been a reader of blogs for many years. I had a hobby blog for a while, before starting About A Mom with my Mom and blogging partner, Laura. I won’t tell you the name of that blog though because it’s embarrassingly stupid.
14. I once ate chocolate covered crickets on a dare. They weren’t bad until an antennae got stuck between two of my teeth. Then I got sick.
15. I had a hysterectomy in my early thirties. It almost killed me, literally. The doctor severed an artery during surgery. I bled internally all night and once discovered, I was rushed back into surgery. I came very close to death that night.
16. I despise gossip and try to never judge people. I have not walked in your shoes. It’s not my place nor my right to judge you.
17. My favorite types of music are opera, classical, Gregorian chants, and folk songs. Although I am open to and enjoy pretty much any type of music.
18. My favorite book of all time is “Cold Mountain” by Charles Frazier. I also enjoyed the movie adaptation in 2003 starring Jude Law and Nicole Kidman.
19. I have a terrible memory. I couldn’t get by without multiple lists for long term, short term, and daily tasks.
20. I love riding on roller coasters, although these days when I ride I have to worry that my bladder might fail me.
Oh, and I am a dork.
I haven’t told her yet. But I am hoping that Laura will be sharing her list with you very soon.