Summer break is here at last. It won’t be long before you start hearing those dreaded words ‘Mom, I’m bored’. Fortunately, there are a lot of fun things do over summer break that won’t break the bank. Here are our top 25 activities.
1. Play in the sprinklers.
2. Go to the beach or a local park.
3. For the older kids, do a fun craft like these safety pin bracelets.
4. Make a Summer scrap book or memory book.
5. Put on a play for the other neighborhood kids.
6. Spread smiles by visiting a nursing home.
7. Take the dog for a walk.
8. Make popsicles.
9. Go camping in your backyard.
10. Lay a outside on a blanket and stargaze.
11. Pull out some board games you haven’t played in a while.
12. Take nature pictures.
13. Attend free concerts, festivals, and movies in your home town.
14. Have a picnic.
15. Play with bubbles.
16. Set up a lemonade stand.
17. Fly a kite.
18. Participate in a Summer reading program at the library.
19. Create a short movie or documentary.
20. Give your time to service projects such as community clean up projects.
21. Go on a treasure hunt. You’ll need hidden treasures and a treasure map.
22. Catch bugs.
23. Learn some funny new jokes.
24. Have a tea party.
25. Learn some magic tricks and put on a magic show.
What activities will you be doing with the kids over Summer break?