We’re experiencing a heat wave here in Georgia and are desperate for anything to help us cool down. Why not some hot fudge sundae cupcakes with TCBY Frozen Yogurt? Yesterday was National Camera Day, so we celebrated our TCBY party by taking lots of photos. It was a lot of fun taking pictures of our TCBY Sundae creations and catching shots of everyone with their mouths full.
To get ready for our party, we made a trip to Walmart to pick up ingredients to make our Old Fashioned Hot Fudge Sauce (recipe to follow), lots of sundae toppings, and of course some TCBY Frozen Yogurt. It was just myself, mom (Laura), nieces Rebecca and Maddie around the house yesterday. So, a frozen yogurt sundae party was a great way for us to enjoy some quality girl time. Rebecca and Maddie were a big help setting up our sundae station and Grandma Laura made the hot fudge sauce. What did I do? I took pictures, of course!
A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words!
I was surprised how much thought the girls put into which flavor of frozen yogurt and which toppings they would use. We had Strawberry and Classic Vanilla Bean TCBY Frozen Yogurt to choose from and many toppings such as sprinkles, nuts, candy, hot fudge sauce, strawberry sauce, whipped cream, and cherries. There were lots of giggles and everyone got a little carried away. There were some massive sundaes made, but everyone finished!
Doesn’t Maddie look pleased with her frozen yogurt sundae?
- For Hot Fudge Sauce (makes 3/ ½ cups):
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons flour
- ⅔ cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- For Cupcakes:
- 1 box chocolate cake mix, plus ingredients to prepare it
- Prepared Hot fudge sauce
- TCBY Frozen Yogurt
- Your Favorite Ice Cream Toppings
- Prepare Hot Fudge Sauce: In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Over medium heat, combine milk, butter and vanilla until the butter has melted. Add dry ingredients to the milk mixture, constantly whisking. Boil, stirring constantly until thick and smooth, about 5 minutes. Cool and refrigerate unused portion.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Spoon prepared batter into 24 lined muffin tins. Use the back of a spoon to smooth out batter in cups. Place a scant teaspoon of room temperature hot fudge sauce over the top center of each cupcake.
- Bake cupcakes according to package directions. Allow cupcakes to cool.
- Place a cupcake in desired bowl. Top with 1 – 2 scoops of TCBY Frozen Yogurt. Spoon over hot fudge sauce and your favorite toppings.
I love getting candid shots by catching people when they’re not expecting it!
The girls just couldn’t get over the fact that they were eating frozen yogurt and not ice cream. It was so creamy and delicious! Maddie really wanted to know how TCBY frozen yogurt is made, because one time she put a cup of yogurt in the freezer and it was “so disgusting”. The process of making frozen yogurt is a lesson for another day. In the meantime, we’ll stick with buying TCBY!
Like I said before, it’s been really hot here in Georgia and our TCBY Frozen Yogurt was melting quickly.
To see more fun TCBY Frozen Yogurt pics, in honor of National Camera Day, please check out our Google+ Album. In honor of National Camer Day, what’s your most creative photo?
I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and TCBY #CBias #SocialFabric #TCBYGrocery”