Show someone how much you love and care this Valentine’s Day with the gift of a Guardian Angel Message in a Bottle. I recently saw a similar gift in a popular children’s clothing magazine with a price tag of $64. The magazine version is beautiful and features a vintage glass bottle with a hand-scripted message. It’s so lovely! But with $64 being way outside of my budget, I set off to recreate the gift. The total project cost me less than $5, and it turned pretty cute.
“I give you a bit of myself so you’ll know I’m close when you need me. Your guardian angel.”
Glass bottle 7″ – 10″ tall
White paper (A piece of copy paper works fine.)
White feather that will fit inside the bottle
Note: I picked up a corked bottle at Michael’s for just $.99, and used the wax from a tea light candle to seal the bottle.
1. Place the feather inside the bottle and melt a bit of wax to seal in the cork.
2. Type the message “I give you a bit of myself so you’ll know I’m close when you need me. Your guardian angel.” onto a Word doc, using a fancy script. Print and cut out the message. Instead of using scissors, I carefully tore the paper to give it a vintage look. Prepare a cup of strong tea. Dip the paper message into the tea. You may need to repeat this process to get the desired effect. Allow to dry completely (place on a napkin, in the microwave, on defrost setting to expedite this process). Once the paper is dry, dab around the edges with the tea bag to further the aged effect.
3.Use a piece of narrow ribbon or jute cord to tie the message onto the bottle.
- Goldfish Crackers Valentines with Printable (aboutamom.com)
- DIY Valentine Candy and Balloon Arrangement (aboutamom.com)
- Homemade Fortune Cookies Recipe (aboutamom.com)
- DIY New Year’s Party Hats (aboutamom.com)
- Valentine’s Day Products to Swoon Over (aboutamom.com)