Everyone knows that the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. That’s why a special breakfast just for Dad is the perfect way to show how much you care this Father’s Day. I can’t think of a more scrumptious and decadent breakfast than a plate full of Buttermilk Banana Pancakes topped off with a spoonful (or two, or three) of Nutella.
I won’t get to celebrate Father’s Day with my own Dad this year, because he is deceased. But I will get to celebrate with the other special Dads in my life like my son, Nathan.
Making Dad’s day special.
Although I can’t spend Father’s Day with my own Dad, I still look forward to helping my grandchildren treat their Dad to an extra special stack of banana buttermilk pancakes – something I know he will absolutely love. I just know he will enjoy sitting out on the front porch in the morning, with a tray of delicious banana buttermilk pancakes, Nutella, and orange juice. Maybe even a small bouquet of flower, since it’s an extra special day.
Buttermilk Banana Pancakes with Nutella
1 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk
2 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
2 overripe bananas (mashed)
rapsberries (for garnish)
1. In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the buttermilk, egg, butter and bananas.
3. Using a wire whisk, combine the wet and dry ingredients making sure to not over mix.
4. Heat a pan and melt a touch of butter in it.
5. Pour 1/4 to 1/2 cup of the mixture into the pan and heat until the surface starts to bubble and the bottom is golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
6. Flip the pancake and cook the other side until the bottom is golden brown, about 1-2 minutes. Remove the pancake to a plate, and spread 1 to 2 teaspoons of Nutella over the top of the pancake.
7. Repeat, stacking the pancakes as you go. Top with a few raspberries or another fresh fruit of your choosing.
No syrup needed. The Nutella melts right into the warm pancakes and it’s oh-so wonderful.
Spread the happy.
How will you be celebrating the special Dads in your life this Father’s Day?
Be sure to check out the Nutella® Tumblr page to share pictures of how you enjoy Nutella, get recipes and participate in spreading the happy!
Nutella® hazelnut spread is a happy start to every day! Pick up a jar of Nutella in the spreads aisle and enjoy it with whole wheat toast, waffles, pancakes, strawberries, bananas and many other foods. Nutella. Spread the Happy™.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by the makers of Nutella via Mode Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Nutella.