I tend to get a little carried away when it comes to Easter dessert. In truth, I get carried away when it comes to all aspects of holidays such as Easter.
These yummy little Carrot Cake Cookie Cups are perfect for your Easter dessert buffet, or anytime you have a hankering for carrot cake and don’t feel like baking a cake.
Carrot Cake Cookie Cups
1 cup instant oats
3⁄4 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1⁄4 tsp salt
2 Tbsp butter, melted
1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract
1⁄2 cup honey
1⁄2 cup finely grated carrots
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1⁄2 cup butter, softened
2 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
1-2 Tbsp milk
cinnamon for dusting
1) Combine oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl. Stir to combine.
2) In a large bowl, whisk together butter, egg and vanilla. Add honey and stir until thoroughly mixed. Slowly add in flour mixture. Stir in carrots. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 30 minutes.
3) Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
4) Scoop 1 Tbsp amounts of cookie dough and press into mini muffin tin cups. Make an indention with your thumb in the center of each cup. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until done. Remove from oven. While still warm, create cup in the center of each cookie with the back of a spoon.
5) For frosting, beat together cream cheese and butter until smooth. Slowly add in powdered sugar. Add milk by the Tbsp until desired consistency is reached. Once cookie cups are cooled, pipe frosting into the center and sprinkle with cinnamon.
For more fun Easter/Spring ideas, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Easy Easter Craft: Washcloth Bunny by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Easy DIY Garden Markers by A Mom’s Take
- Bunny Cupcakes by This Mama Loves
- Simple Spring Wreath by Simply Southern Mom
- Carrot (Cake) Cupcakes by Mom Does It All
- Ultimate Easter Egg Dye Guide by The Guavalicious Life
- DIY Homemade Bird Feeder by My So Called Balanced Life
- Edible Easter Placemats by Two Boys One Girl and a Crazy Mom
- DIY Colorful Spring Wreath by Home and Garden Cafe
- Monogrammed Earrings by How Was Your Day
- Nest Necklace by Style on Maine
- Fun and Healthy Easter Recipe for Kids: Crepe Cookies by Our Family World
- Make an Easy Painted Eggs Easter Craft with Dollar Store Supplies by My Kids Guide
- Spring Tea Party with Lemon and Ginger Scones by Day by Day in Our World
- Spring Button Canvas by Better in Bulk
- Spring Tulle Wreath by Upstate Ramblings
- Easy DIY Spring Tote Bag for Girls by Philzendia