If you’ve learned anything at all about me in the last 4 years since I started this blog, you’ve learned that I like to keep things simple. And not because I am lazy, but like most of you I am just very busy and need to save time however I can. I enjoy simple recipes with few ingredients that are easy to prepare, without sacrificing the flavor of the dish. Cooking in the slow cooker is one way that I like to keep things simple in my life. It’s so nice to toss the ingredients into the pot, and come back later that day to a delicious meal. This Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos recipe is one of my all time favorites, with just a few ingredients this dish is also easy on the budget.
This recipe yields enough chicken to feed a hungry crowd. I like to top the shredded chicken with some fresh cilantro, diced tomatoes, and a squeeze of fresh lime juice. Sticking with a few fresh ingredients keeps this recipe very healthy.
- 4 to 5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- ½ envelope taco seasoning
- flour tortillas
- fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1 tomato, diced (optional)
- juice of one lime (optional)
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of slow cooker.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken.
- Add 2 cups of frozen corn kernels.
- Pour 2 cups chicken broth into slow cooker.
- Place lid on slow cooker and cook on low for 3 to 4 hours.
- Once chicken is cooked, remove from slow cooker and shred using two forks. Place shredded chicken back into juice.
- Place a couple tablespoons of shredded chicken into a flour tortilla. Top with diced tomato, fresh cilantro, and a squeeze of lime juice.