Fantastic Focaccia Stuffing Recipe
- 1 loaf(s) focaccia bread, cubed (about 8 cups)
- 4 tablespoon(s) pine nuts
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 6 sundried tomatoes in oil, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) marinated artichoke hearts
- 3 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh basil
- 3 cup(s) vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place cubed bread in a large bowl and set aside.
In a dry skillet, toast pine nuts over medium heat until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Add the nuts to the bread cubes.
Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in the same skillet over medium heat. Add onions and sauté for 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for an additional 5 minutes, stirring often. To the bread bowl, add the onions and garlic, along with the sundried tomatoes, artichokes, basil, stock, salt, and pepper. Stir until combined well.
Oil a 3-quart casserole dish and spoon the stuffing into the dish. Drizzle the last 1 tablespoon of oil over the stuffing. Bake, covered, for 30 minutes. Uncover, and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
Source: Country Living