After having such great success with my Halloween Popcorn Balls last week, I decided to give it another go. But this time I tried a marshmallow recipe, as last weeks popcorn balls were made with a corn syrup and jello recipe. Today we made some fun Popcorn Ball Ice Cream Cones for Halloween. I still had the dining room table covered from a little Halloween party we had over the weekend, and the vinyl tablecloth provided Mom and I with a great work space and easy cleanup. These are going to be such a fun after school treat for my nieces nephew today.
I really like this popcorn ball recipe, because it’s all done in the microwave. The marshmallows are such a nice binding agent. The recipe we used is at the bottom of this post.
After your popcorn ball mixture has been prepared, fill your ice cream cones with some seasonal candies. We used Candy Corn M&Ms. Not only is it a nice surprise when you get down to the cone, but it also helps with weight distribution. Otherwise, your cones will be very top heavy.
Good Cook provided us with a fun kit to make our popcorn balls. We used the Good Cook Popcorn Baller to shape our popcorn balls. This time we didn’t fill the baller completely, because the balls would have been a little too big for our ice cream cones.
After each ball is shaped, dip it into some festive Halloween sprinkles.
You can never have too many sprinkles.
- 1 bag microwave popcorn, popped
- 1/3 cup butter
- 5 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ice cream cones
- seasonal candy
- Cook microwave popcorn according to package directions.
- Transfer to large bowl and remove all unpopped kernels.
- Put butter in a microwave safe bowl, microwave on high for 30-60 seconds until melted. Add marshmallows. Cook an additional 90 seconds or until puffy. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour marshmallow mixture over the popcorn. Stir until well coated.
- Spray hands generously with cooking spray. Form into popcorn balls using the Good Cook popcorn baller or by hand.
- Dip each ball into sprinkles.
- Fill each ice cream cone with candy, and place popcorn ball onto top of cone, pressing gently but firmly. Be careful not to push too hard, or you will break the cone.
Special Discount: Use coupon code POPCORN to get 25% off Good Cook Popcorn Ballers.
Visit the Good Cook Facebook page on or after October 7th for a 7 Day Popcorn Giveaway!