I love making impossible pies! They are great not only because they are so often delicious, but are impossibly easy to make. This Impossible Easy Chicken Taco Pie recipe is one of my favorites. It’s basically a mix, pour, and bake recipe. A crust is formed around the main ingredients by a mixture of biscuit mix, eggs, and milk. I typically use Bisquick for my impossible pies, but any biscuit mix would work just fine.
Impossible pies can be either savory or sweet like this Impossible Coconut Pie.
While still very yummy, this pie by itself is a little on the bland side, making it perfect for kids. To spice things up a bit for the grown ups, I like to serve the pie with some shredded lettuce, salsa, guacamole or sour cream.
Impossible Easy Chicken Taco Pie Recipe
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup biscuit mix (Bisquick)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease bottom and sides of a 9 inch pie plate
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, onion, and seasoning mix. Spoon mixture into the prepared pie plate, forming an even layer across the bottom.
- In the blender or using a wire whisk, blend together the biscuit mix, milk, and eggs. Pour into the pie plate.
- Bake 30 – 35 minutes. Sprinkle with shredded cheese and bake an additional 1 – 2 minutes, until cheese is melted.