Brrr! It's cold outside. I really do love this time of the year, and all the festivities that come with the holiday season. Eventually though (usually around mid February) I will tire of bundling up in layers of clothes, scarves and gloves in an attempt to stay warm. I will be dreaming of leaving the cold behind and visiting some place tropical and warm like Puerto Rico. After all, the new year is just days away so it's time to start thinking about 2014 travel destinations. 2014 would be a great year to visit Puerto Rico!
Why Visit Puerto Rico?
Puerto Rico is a 5-star vacation destination filled with world-class attractions and has activities for everyone in the family. The best part is you don't even need a passport and don't have to worry about currency exchange! Just hop on a plane and go! It's just that easy!
If you want to kick back and relax on the beach (yes please!), Puerto Rico has you covered with over 270 miles of the most beautiful coastline and stunning vistas. They say that Puerto Rican beaches are a must see! The little island of Puerto Rico has some of the most beautiful beaches in the world and is featured in Travel Channel’s Top 10 Beaches. Live your own 5-star vacation story in Puerto Rico.
When I visit Peurto Rico, the following activities will be on my short list:
- Glow like an angel in the water in the Bioluminescent bays.
- Visit the only rainforest under US national park service, El Yunque, and climb to the clouds.
- Take in some local history and enjoy old world charm of San Juan.
- A horse back ride on the magnificent Camuy caverns that runs through the 3rd largest subterranean river in the world.
- Foodies can experience the delicacies of Puerto Rico and it’s famous Rums.
- Explore the coastline –including Flamenco Beach in Culebra, which is often cited as one of the best beaches in the world!
This is the stuff dreams are made of! Whether you’re a golfer, foodie, adventurer, or a beach bum, Puerto Rico has everything that you want in a nice relaxing vacation.
Win a Trip for Two to Puerto Rico!
One lucky person will win a trip for two to Puerto Rico which includes airfare, a 3-night stay (one room), and food credit. The total prize package is valued at $2000!!! Read the Official Contest Rules.
2.) Optional Entry – Follow @PRTourismCo on Twitter then tweet out a message about what you would like to do in Puerto Rico using the hashtag #5StarPR and tag @aboutamom. Leave a comment below with your tweet URL.