It’s Labor Day weekend and I am ready for Fall. There are so many things I love about Fall, cooler weather, open windows, colorful leaves, Halloween, wearing sweaters, baking, and pumpkins. I love to decorate with pumpkins and I like to cook/bake with them too. Here is a great pumpkin recipe to put you in the mood for Fall!
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (1stick) butter, softened
- 3 – 4 cups confectioner sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 x 13 pan. 2) Mix the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin with a mixer until light and fluffy. 3) In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. 4) Add dry mixture to wet mixture and mix until incorporated and smooth. 5) Pour batter into baking dish and level with a spatula. 6) Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. 7) Allow bars to cool and top with frosting.
To make frosting: Combine cream cheese and butter in bowl, and mix until smooth. Slowly add sugar until you have reached desired consistency. Stir in vanilla.
What recipes put you in the mood for fall?