This delicious Strawberry Pretzel Salad is perfect for the holidays! This is one of 2 jello salads that I like to make and will be on our Christmas buffet this year. Enjoy!
2 cups crushed pretzels
3/4 cup butter, melted
3 tablespoons white sugar
1 8 ounce package cream cheese softened
1 cup white sugar
1 8 ounce container cool whip, thawed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Stir together crushed pretzels, melted butter and 3 tablespoons sugar; mix well and press mixture into the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until set. Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together cream cheese and 1 cup sugar. Fold in whipped topping. Spread mixture onto cooled crust.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in still frozen strawberries and allow to set briefly. When mixture is about the consistency of egg whites, pour and spread over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate until set.