Need dinner in a jiffy? Pillsbury Grands! Biscuits provide a variety of family favorite recipes, ready in under 30 minutes, that are delicious and have a little twist to help parents keep dinner fun, not boring. Whether it be for school lunch or a busy weeknight dinner, I’m always on the lookout for fast and delicious meals for my family. I can never go wrong with grilled cheese sandwiches and Pillsbury has provided me with a fun and delicious way to make grilled cheese with a twist.
Seriously… What could be better than buttermilk biscuits and cheese?
The Pillsbury recipe calls for American cheese, but for this quick fix supper I used Pillsbury Grands! Buttermilk Biscuits and a combination of Provolone and Cheddar Cheeses. Everyone in my house seems to have a different favorite when it comes to cheese – well pretty much everything.
Can you imagine all the delicious combinations you can do for this recipe? Next time I might pair the new Blueberry Grands! Biscuits with Gruyere or Brie. I also the the new Grands! Homestyle Corn Biscuits would be amazing with some zesty Jalapeno Jack cheese. The possibilities are endless!
- 1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury® Grands!® refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (8 biscuits)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 8 slices (2/3 oz each) American cheese
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Press or roll each to form 5½-inch round.
- In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot. Add biscuit rounds, a few at a time; cook 3 minutes. Turn; cook about 3 minutes longer or until light golden brown. Remove from skillet.
- Place 2 slices of cheese on each of 4 biscuit rounds. Top with remaining biscuit rounds.
- Return to skillet; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown. Turn; cook about 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
I have to say that using Pillsbury Grands! for grilled cheese sandwiches is indeed a grand idea. I may never go back to using plain old bread. For more great recipes get the free downloadable Pillsbury Recipe Booklet! Which Pillsbury Grands! Biscuit recipe are you most excited to try?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective. The content and opinions expressed here are all my own and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of General Mills. Compensation was provided by General Mills via Clever Girls Collective.