Pregnancy Folklore and Old Wives’ Tales Regarding Pregnancy and Baby’s Gender
- Eat a clove of raw garlic. If the smell of garlic seeps out of your pores, it’s a boy. If there is no garlic smell detected, it’s a girl.
- If your hands start to get dry and chapped, it’s a boy; but if your hands are softer during pregnancy, it’s a girl.
- A craving for salty foods is a sign of a boy, while sweet cravings is the sign of a girl on the way.
- If you crave the heels of the bread, it’s a boy. If you like the middle of the loaf, it will be a girl.
- If the pregnant woman gains her weight in the rear, it will be a boy. If she gains her weight in front, it will be a girl.
- Hold a pendant over the pregnant women’s belly, if it circles side to side it’s a boy. If it goes around in circles it’s a girl.
- If your legs resemble tree trunks, it’s a boy. If they’re trim and fit, a girl is on the way.
- When someone asks to see your hand, if you show them palms up, it’s a girl; palms down, a boy.
- If you rest by lying on your left side, it’s a boy. If you’re more comfortable on your right then it’s a girl.
- If you have increased acne break out on the face and chest you will have a girl.
Before sonograms became prevalent, women relied on these Old Wives’ Tales to help predict the gender of their baby. Are you familiar with any of these? Are there others you have heard?