Earlier this week, I kicked off spring by sharing a fun and simple sheep craft for kids. Today I have some totally adorable and oh-so easy-to-make sheep cupcakes to share with you. Use your favorite chocolate cake mix recipe or box mix to make these cupcakes. Frost with your favorite chocolate frosting. Some melted light cocoa candy melts could be used instead of the frosting. How you decorate these cupcakes is what makes them special.
These simple-to-make sheep cupcakes are the perfect way to celebrate spring or Easter.
Sheep Cupcake Ingredients:
Chocolate cupcake mix (usually calls for oil, water, eggs)
Sheep Cupcake Directions:
1. Prepare your cupcakes as directed on box and let cool.
2. Prepare your chocolate frosting or heat 1 cup of your chocolate melts in a microwave safe bowl for 2-3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
3. Use a teaspoon to scoop your frosting or melted chocolate onto the center of each cupcake (a few at a time so the chocolate doesn’t harden to fast) and spread evenly.
4. Take half of an Oreo and press onto the center of each chocolate covered cupcake.
5. Purée two brown M&M’s right above the Oreo.
6. Sprinkle the jimmies onto the frosting or melted chocolate.
7. Dip the back of the candy eyes into the chocolate and press onto the top of the Oreo.