When it comes to summer fun, nature offers something for everyone. I excited to partner with Coca-Cola to share ways to enjoy nature and have fun at state parks. Visiting your state parks is the perfect way to enjoy nature and spend family time. Many state parks offer summer programs and discount admission. If you are lucky enough to live near a state park with a lake or beach, swimming, fishing and canoeing are great ways to spend an afternoon. There are so many ways to have fun at state parks.
Here are a few things we brought with us to the park for an afternoon of exploration.
1. Walking the nature trails is one of my family’s favorite activities when we visit our state parks. We often bring along binoculars and a magnifying glass to get an up close look at nature. You never know what you might find, if you take a close look!
2. Bring specimen bags. Specimen bags (sandwich bags) are great for collecting flowers and leaves to press for future craft projects and scrapbooking.
3. If you are seeking a little adventure, find out if your state parks have a geocaching program. Our Georgia State Parks have a wonderful geocaching program with hidden treasures just waiting to be found.
4. Go on a nature scavenger hunt on your next visit to the park. My daughter, Angela, made us a State Park Scavenger Hunt Printable that you can print out and use for free.
5. You can always just bring a ball or a frisbee to toss around in an open area at the park. Just enjoy the outdoors!
Be sure to stay hydrated while visiting your state parks this summer. Naturally sweetened vitaminwater® drinks are perfect for keeping you hydrated at the park! Both vitaminwater® and vitaminwater zero® (18 count) Bonus Packs are now available at Sam’s Club. I love the savings you get when buying in bulk!
How will you be having fun at state parks this summer?
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Coca-Cola. All opinions are 100% mine.