Christmas crafts Bright Lights Cookie Plate
- Download and print 2 copies of the Bright Lights Cookie Plate pattern.
- Cut out the patterns along semicircle outline.
- Flip 1 pattern so ends of cord outline match up with other pattern, creating a continuous circular pattern.
- Tape into place.
- Snip 1/2-inch tabs all around pattern. This will allow paper to conform to plate.
- Position and tape pattern face down on top of glass plate. The design will be painted on bottom of plate.
- Using pen set, attach extension cap and fine metal tip to black enamel bottle. Practice squeezing lines of enamel from bottle onto foam plate.
- Next, draw thin black definition lines on glass plate for sockets and cords and around each bulb.
- Let dry. Be sure to quickly and thoroughly rinse out cap and metal tip after each use.
- Thin a small amount of green enamel with water on the foam plate. Paint a line over coiling cord, using pattern as your guide and painting on top of black definition lines. Also use green to fill in sockets and 2 green bulbs. Be sure to apply paint strokes in same direction. Let dry, and repeat if necessary to achieve opaque coverage.
- Thin small amount of white enamel with water, and paint white lightbulbs. Repeat with remaining paint colors to fill in yellow, red, and blue bulbs.