I know how challenging it can be at times to prepare family meals that are healthy, delicious, and budget friendly. I am always looking for shortcuts, but sometimes those shortcuts aren’t as healthy as I would like. I’m so excited about Tyson® Grilled & Ready® products, and how they will make it easier to feed my family healthy, delicious meals in a jiffy. I have a fabulous Greek Chicken Tacos recipe to share with you, from renowned, guilt-free food expert Hungry Girl Lisa Lillien!
30 Days, 30 Ways, 30 Rewards program
Hungry Girl Lisa Lillien has teamed up with Tyson Foods to kick off 2013 by empowering women via their inspiring 30 Days, 30 Ways, 30 Rewards program. They want to help us make and stick to smart-eating resolutions. To help us along, Hungry Girl Lisa Lillien will provide meal ideas – all under 400 calories per serving – and expert advice daily on the Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Facebook Page.
The 30 day program, starting on January 1st, is designed to help women overcome common issues associated with different food personalities: time-crunched, willpower-challenged and the all-around food lover. To inspire other women to commit to healthful changes, these women will track their progress online through the program’s Facebook page so women across the country can take the journey together. You’ll also have a chance to win a great new prize every day of the program!
Which food personality are you?
- All-Around Food Lover
According to Hungry Girl Lisa Lillien, “Eating right shouldn’t feel like a constant, daily battle. You’d be surprised to know that by making simple changes to your diet, like using 98 percent fat free Tyson® Grilled & Ready® chicken, you can achieve the results you want and turn good daily practices into great lifetime habits.” A few tips from Lillien to reach your end goal include:
· Identify Small Changes You Can Stick To: When making changes to your daily habits, keep them small, yet effective. Take walks on your lunch break, and have a side salad with your fast-food order instead of fries. Once you master that, push yourself a little further… Maybe go jogging, and have a grilled chicken sandwich instead of that burger!
· Prepare for Those Time-Crunched Moments: Most of us are short on time, so having items in the kitchen that are smart choices but quick-to-make can save your waistline. Tyson® Grilled & Ready ® products are fully cooked with a delicious grilled taste, so you don’t have to stress about the prep work – it’s already been done for you. Just add a serving of high-fiber pasta and lots of veggies or a salad, and you’ve got a wholesome, guilt-free meal in no time.
· Swap Out Regular Staples for More Wholesome Versions: Sandwiches are fast, but ordinary bread can be high in calories (and a little boring!). Look for high-fiber pitas, 100-calorie flat sandwich buns, and even light English muffins. Or skip the carbs altogether and use giant lettuce leaves — quick and easy!
Tyson is offering up guilt-free, quick-to-prepare Hungry Girl recipes like this Greek Chicken Tacos recipe provided below:
Greek Chicken Tacos (serving size 1)
3 ounces Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Fully Cooked Refrigerated Grilled Chicken Breast Strips
One 100-calorie flat sandwich bun
1/2 ounce (about 1 tablespoon) mashed avocado
1/2 teaspoon taco seasoning mix
1 tablespoon diced tomato
1/2 tablespoon diced onion
2 tablespoons fat-free refried beans
1 tablespoon shredded reduced-fat Mexican-blend cheese
1 large tomato slice
1/3 cup shredded lettuce
1. Split bun into halves, and lightly toast.
2. In a small bowl, mix avocado with 1/4 teaspoon taco seasoning. Stir in diced tomato and onion.
3. In another small bowl, mix beans with remaining 1/4 teaspoon taco seasoning.
4. On a microwave-safe plate, spread seasoned beans onto the bottom half of the bun. Evenly top with Grilled & Ready® Chicken Breast Strips. Sprinkle with cheese.
5. Microwave for 45 seconds, or until cheese has melted and chicken is hot.
6. Top with tomato and lettuce. Spread the top half of the bun with the avocado mixture, and place it on top of the sandwich. Enjoy!
Entire recipe: Calories 286 Total Fat 6.5 g Protein 30 g Carbohydrate 32.5 g Sodium 940 mg Sugars 4 g Fiber 8 g
Be sure to not miss any of the great tips, recipes, or inspiration by visiting the Tyson Grilled and Ready Facebook Page, and sign up for the newsletter!
Greek Chicken Tacos
- 3 ounces Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Fully Cooked Refrigerated Grilled Chicken Breast Strips
- One 100-calorie flat sandwich bun
- 1/2 ounce about 1 tablespoon mashed avocado
- 1/2 teaspoon taco seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon diced tomato
- 1/2 tablespoon diced onion
- 2 tablespoons fat-free refried beans
- 1 tablespoon shredded reduced-fat Mexican-blend cheese
- 1 large tomato slice
- 1/3 cup shredded lettuce
- 1. Split bun into halves, and lightly toast. 2. In a small bowl, mix avocado with 1/4 teaspoon taco seasoning. Stir in diced tomato and onion. 3. In another small bowl, mix beans with remaining 1/4 teaspoon taco seasoning. 4. On a microwave-safe plate, spread seasoned beans onto the bottom half of the bun. Evenly top with Grilled & Ready® Chicken Breast Strips. Sprinkle with cheese. 5. Microwave for 45 seconds, or until cheese has melted and chicken is hot. 6. Top with tomato and lettuce. Spread the top half of the bun with the avocado mixture, and place it on top of the sandwich. Enjoy!
- Tex-Mex Chicken Melts Recipe (aboutamom.com)
- Lightened Up Artichoke and Green Chile Dip Recipe (aboutamom.com)
- Vegetarian Recipes: Quick and Easy Taco Salad Recipe (miscfinds4u.com)
- Mashed (Rooster) Potatoes with Tomato Gravy (aboutamom.com)
- Low Calorie Recipes: Individual Cranberry and Apple Crisp Recipe (miscfinds4u.com)
Cheryl Chervitz says
I’m an all around food lover!
Ruth Anderson says
All around food lover ,few things I don’t care for but over all I like good food.
Michelle Tucker says
All around food lover here. We love any and all food, usually.
i would say all around food lover
Time crunched for sure
Brenda Burgess says
I am the time crunched type of persom
Kim Reid says
The all around food lover, thanks!
Got here from Pinterest….but confused. The lovely yummy photo shows the chicken greek taco inside a flat bottomed taco shell, but the recipe (and therefore presumably the nutrition counts) say a flat sandwich bun…..so which is the calorie count for a bun or a taco shell?
To stay within the calorie count, I would use the Hungry Girl Flat Out Fold-It Flat bread in Whole Wheat (90 calories) or your choice of corn taco shell which also comes in at just under 100 calories. So whichever you choose, the calorie count is about the same. Hope that helps and thanks for stopping by!