It’s not often that I am at a loss for words, but I have been sitting here staring at my keyboard for the last hour trying to find motivation to write something…anything. I haven’t been feeling well and the last couple of days have been quite hectic around here. Finally I have a bit of time in front of the computer and a clear head, yet find myself sitting here with no motivation. Behold my inspiration – 5 surefire ways to get and stay motivated!
Life’s problems wouldn’t be called “hurdles” if there wasn’t a way to get over them. ~Author Unknown
5 Surfire Ways to Get and Stay Motivated
1. Find inspiration. Draw your inspiration from others who have similar goals. Flip through some magazines or books. Do a Google search. For me it’s reading other blogs, stumbling and Pinterest.
2. Set your sights on one goal. If you are trying to do too much, you’re going to get zapped of your motivation. Taking on too much and trying to accomplish too much are very common mistakes, especially for busy moms. Choose one goal and focus on it completely.
3. Visualize your goal. Write it down (just a few words) and post it places where you will see it often, at work and at home. A picture of your goal will help. I like the idea of a goal board on Pinterest.
4. Get excited. Once you’ve found your inspiration, get excited about it. Build it up by researching your goal, visualize it and talking with others about it.
5. Don’t give up. Whatever you do, stick with it. Even if you aren’t feeling any motivation today, don’t give up. Keep drawing on your inspiration and visualizing your goal. Your motivation will come back and you’ll accomplish your task or goal.
What motivates you?
You might also enjoy reading How to Let Go of the Mom Guild for Good.