Everyone has the desire to feel special. We get so busy in our daily lives that we sometimes forget to show the people we love, even the people we hold closest, that we care. I think sometimes we assume that it is “understood” and leave the simplest gestures undone. With Valentine’s Day coming up, now is the perfect time to do something a little extra special for the people in our lives. It doesn’t have to cost a lot of money or take much time. I’ve put together a list of 7 simple ways to show you care on Valentine’s Day or anytime.
This post is sponsored by Crest, available at Sam’s Club. Crest 3D White Radiant Mint Toothpaste will be $2 off through 2/24/2019 using the coupon found in the Sam’s Club Instant Savings Book.
7 Simple Ways to Show You Care
1. Pick up the phone and call them. Texting and instant messaging are a quick and easy way to communicate, but there is something to be said for an old fashioned phone call. These days entire relationships are forged via text messaging. Maybe I’m old school, but it kinda blows my mind sometimes. It is nice to hear someone’s voice. A simple phone call can go a long way in making someone’s day.
2. Bring treats. Who doesn’t appreciate a coffee and pastry? It’s certainly the way to this girl’s heart! Stop at the bakery or coffee shop for a quick treat. Put a bow on it even. If you have time, bake up a batch of your “should be famous” chocolate chip cookies.
3. Send a song. Better yet, make a playlist. Music is therapy and the right song can really turn someone’s mood around. My heart goes pitter-patter every time my boyfriend sends me an iTunes link to a song just to let me know he’s thinking about me.
4. Offer to help with household repairs or maintenance. The last time you visited a friend or relative, did you notice something that needs fixing? If you’re handy, put those skills to good use and help someone out. This is an especially good gesture for someone who is elderly or disabled, or even a busy single mom.
5. Write a letter describing things you appreciate about them. Buy a card and drop a quick note in the mail. It is such a simple gesture that says a lot. In my opinion, people don’t send mail or write handwritten letters nearly enough anymore.
6. Give a personal care basket. I personally love giving and receiving practical gifts, and a personal care basket is one of my favorites. Fill a basket with things like a candle, body wash, a loofah sponge, and Crest 3D White Radiant Mint Toothpaste.
With all of the indulgent and sugary treats we eat on Valentine’s Day, I think toothpaste a fantastic addition to any Valentine’s Day gift basket. It’s a gift that shows you really care.
Now is the perfect time to stock up and share Crest 3D White Radiant Mint Toothpaste, available at Sam’s Club. Save $2.00 off through 2/24 using the coupon found online and in-store with the Sam’s Club Instant Savings Book.
Crest toothpaste is one of those things that I always buy in bulk, because I know it isn’t going to go to waste. Look for it at Sam’s Club.
7. Say, “I love you.” It’s so simple, but is sometimes harder to do than you expect. Yet, when it’s said from the heart, it means so much.
Leave a Reply