Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies
My favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe is made even better with the addition of bacon. These cookies are crisp on the outside, and deliciously chewy on the inside.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (a few extra won't hurt)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 8 slices bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt.
- Stir in flour, chocolate chips, nuts, and bacon pieces.
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until edges are nicely browned.
Recipe by About a Mom at https://www.aboutamom.com/bacon-chocolate-chip-cookies-recipe/