Baked Pumpkin Pecan Doughnuts with Maple Glaze
Yield 8 doughnuts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- For the Maple Glaze:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- a few tbsp pure maple syrup, to taste
- little drizzle of water (start at 1 tsp and increase, slowly, until desired consistency)
- chopped pecans for sprinkling over top
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg.
- In a medium-sized bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Add both sugars, vanilla extract, oil, and pumpkin puree to eggs and mix.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry. Combine, being careful to not over-mix. Stir in chopped pecans.
- Spoon mixture into doughnut pan wells about 2/3 to 3/4 of the way full. I filled mine 3/4 of the way full and got 7 doughnuts. Filling 2/3 of the way full should yield you 8 doughnuts.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the thickest part comes out clean.
- Invert donuts onto wire rack to cool completely.
- Whisk together all ingredients for the glaze, minus the chopped pecans, until smooth and to your preferred consistency. Dip smoothest side of donuts into glaze.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans over top and let harden.
Recipe by About A Mom at https://www.aboutamom.com/baked-pumpkin-pecan-doughnuts-maple-glaze/