I am being compensated by Bounce for my participation in this campaign as part of the Mom It Forward Blogger Network.
I relished every minute of summer – the warm sunshine, lazy days, and the chance to sleep in for a couple of months. Now that Fall is officially here I find myself scrambling to get acclimated to a new routine, and I have a feeling some of you are feeling the same way. A new school year typically means more work for Moms, and laundry is no exception. The amount of laundry you do in a week can easily double or triple between extracurricular activities like clubs and sports. Not to mention if you have a tween or teen who simply must have that one particular top or pair of jeans at the very last minute. In case you’re feeling the laundry woes, here are 5 helpful laundry tips to help you #bounceback from summer.
1. Eliminate that one giant basket which can at times be a little overwhelming, not to mention more time consuming. Separate laundry by providing a basket or hamper to each family member. You can even go as far as adding dividers for lights, darks and colors. Also, give everyone their own mesh bag for dirty socks and undergarments. You can toss them all into the laundry together and save yourself a lot of time in sorting later.
2. Use a combination of shelves and baskets for organization and storage in your laundry room. Try to make it cheery by using bright colors on shelves and baskets, or even a fresh coat of paint on the walls can make a big difference. If your laundry room looks like a dungeon, you might subconsciously be avoiding it.
3. I love this tip. Clip clothespins onto each family members laundry basket or hamper. Teach everyone to use a clothespin to mark areas on clothing that have spills, stains, or need extra attention. When it comes time to do laundry, you will easily be able to locate which garments need pre-treatment or extra care.
4. Do a little at a time. Try dividing up your week and washing a load on each day. This will keep the chore of laundry much more manageable and less intimidating.
5. Use Laundry products you trust and save time by having extras on hand. For me this means having a few boxes of Bounce in the laundry room. Bounce has so many great benefits – it softens, freshens, controls static and helps repel lint and hair from clothes with just one sheet per load.
See how it can even take on a furry puppy, and I happen to have 2 of those!
There are six fresh scents of Bounce dryer sheets:
Outdoor Fresh: Adds a big, smiley summer day to your laundry, and the house.
Fresh Linen: Get ready to dive into bed!
Spring Fresh: The smell of springtime bursting out right under your nose.
Meadows & Rain: It’s the smell you dream of yourself running through.
Spring & Renewal: Fresh, fruity, floral and fabulous.
Fresh Lavender: A fresh lavender scent that provides a soft, fresh, and comforting fragrance for your fabrics.
If you have sensitive skin, Bounce dryer sheets also come in a perfume and dye free version, which is recommended by dermatologists. And then there’s the Bounce Dryer Bar which attaches to the drum of the dryer. It’s pretty nifty!
Bounce has been helping people #BounceBack since the 70’s, keeping people smelling fresher and looking better in their clothes. With just one Bounce sheet per full load of laundry, Bounce provides more freshness than 2 sheets of the leading value brand.
Giveaway!!! Two lucky About a Mom readers will win a BounceBack box to help you bounce back from life’s challenges and hiccups. (ARV $47 each).