1. Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt in a large bowl. Whisk together the eggs, buttermilk, butter, vanilla, carrots, and orange zest in a large bowl until smooth. Add to the flour mixture, fold in the ginger and finely chopped pecans, and mix with a rubber spatula until just combined. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
3. Combine the cream cheese and maple syrup in the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the whisk attachment and whip until combined, about 1 minute. Transfer to a heatproof bowl and then pop in the oven until just warmed through and easy to drizzle.
4. Heat a large cast-iron griddle or nonstick saute pan over medium heat. Brush with butter and continue heating until the butter begins to foam. Drop scant 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the griddle. Bake until bubbles start to form and burst, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook to set the other side, another 1 to 2 minutes. As the pancakes are ready, put them in a single layer on the baking sheet and keep warm in the oven until ready to serve.
5. Stack the pancakes on plates, drizzle with the cheese mixture, and sprinkle with coarsely chopped nuts.
Recipe Source: Brunch @ Bobby's
Recipe by About A Mom at https://www.aboutamom.com/carrot-cake-pancakes-recipe/