These delicious and easy-to-make cupcakes taste just like a chocolate chip cookie. I do love a good chocolate chip cookie but cupcakes are my jam.
Tastes Just Like Chocolate Chip Cookie Cupcakes
Have you ever have trouble deciding between a chocolate chip cookie or a cupcake? Choose no more! Now you can enjoy both with this Chocolate Chip Cookie Cupcakes recipe. You get the best of both worlds with this cookie inspired cupcake treat! Seriously, what’s not to love here?
You only need five ingredients to make these cupcakes: a yellow cake mix (plus ingredients to prepare according to the package instructions), semi-sweet chocolate chips, walnuts, cream cheese frosting and peanut butter.
Walnuts and semisweet chocolate chips are stirred into the cake mix, before you bake the cupcakes. To make the frosting you simply combine the cream cheese frosting and peanut butter. Seriously, it is that easy and these cupcakes are so good.
Are you now ready to make these delicious Chocolate Chip Cookie Cupcakes? If you love a tasty and simple-to-make cupcake, be sure to also check out these Snickers Cupcakes and Cherry Limeade Cupcakes. YUM.
How to Store Cupcakes
Cupcakes with cream cheese frosting should be stored in the refrigerator. Store these cupcakes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days for optimal freshness.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cupcakes
- 1 package yellow cake mix plus ingredients to prepare
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips divided
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 container 16 oz cream cheese frosting
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 24 standard muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Stir in 3/4 cup chocolate chips and 3/4 cup walnuts. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling 2/3 full.
- Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Combine frosting and peanut butter in medium bowl until well blended. Frost cupcakes, sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup chocolate chips and 3/4 cup walnuts.
Follow About a Mom on Pinterest for more great recipes!