Easy step-by-step instructions to make a diaper cake. It’s a fantastic baby shower gift!
Diaper Cake Tutorial
approximately 62 diapers
small clear rubber bands
large rubber bands
10-11 inch cardboard round
10 inch paper doily (optional)
hot glue gun
small plush toy
travel or small size baby wash, shampoo, lotion & powder
flowers, rattles, toys, pacifier to decorate
1. To begin, roll each diaper starting from the top. Secure with a small clear rubber band.
2. Glue paper doily to cardboard round. Glue first bottle to the center of the cardboard round. Make one ring around bottle with diapers, securing with a rubber band.
3. Continue until you have 3 rings of diapers around center bottle.
4. Make second tier of diapers. Keep secured with a rubber band, like the bottom layer. Insert second bottle into center, on top of first bottle. When finished the second tier will have two rings of diapers.
5. The top and final layer will be just one ring of diapers around the bottle. Secure this ring of diapers with a rubber band, same as previous layers.
6. Using your glue gun, attache a wide band of ribbon around each layer of the cake. This will hide the rubber bands.
7. Using your glue gun, decorate your cake with ribbon bows, plush toys, small bottles of baby toiletries, toys, flowers, etc. Be creative and personalize it any way you want.
Note: We found the small clear rubber bands in the hair accessories part of the store.
Two rubber bands were used to secure each layer, in case one breaks.
Diaper Cake Credit: My mom (Laura) gets all the credit for this adorable diaper cake. I just followed along, so I could share it with you.