Sour Cream Apricot Scones
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 large egg, beaten
- brown sugar, to sprinkle
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Mix first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Add the butter; rub with fingers until mix resembles coarse meal.
- Make well in center, add sour cream and vanilla to the well.
- With a fork, stir sour cream mix into dry dough forms.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface; sprinkle the apricots over.
- Knead dough until apricots are incorporated; flatten dough into 8-inch round and then cut into 8 wedges.
- Transfer to baking sheet. Brush with the egg and sprinkle with a bit of brown sugar.
- Bake until golden, about 20 minutes.
- Drizzle with glaze. To prepare glaze, whisk together 2 cups confectioners' sugar, 2 tablespoons softened butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 1 tablespoon of milk. Whisk until well combined, adding additional milk if necessary. Immediately drizzle over scones.
Recipe by About A Mom at https://www.aboutamom.com/downton-abbey-and-apricot-scones-recipe/