Do you remember last November when we teamed up with A Helicopter Mom and 17 other bloggers for a MEGA My Favorite Things Giveaway. I’ll let you in on a little secret. We’re talking about having another one this summer, and it’s going to be even bigger and better than the last one. I must admit though that the last one is going to be pretty hard to top. In the spirit of that event, I thought it would be fun to share some of my favorite things for spring 2014.
Just so you know, there is nothing sponsored in this blog post. Just products that I like think are really great, and want to share with you. I did include a couple of Amazon affiliate links, for the items I purchased from Amazon.
1. I recently went on a Royal Caribbean cruise, and being so fair skinned I wanted a good hat to protect me from the sun. I usually wear a wide brimmed straw hat during the spring and summer months, but for the cruise I wanted something that I could easily fold up into my luggage. I found this lovely Kooringal Ladies Upturn Noosa Universal Womens Sun / Beach Hat (Latte) on Amazon. It worked out perfectly. It rolls right up and tucks perfectly into a tote bag. I have big hair, so I worried that this hat might be too small. It turned out to be the perfect fit and rather stylish.
2. On a recent trip, I stopped at an airport kiosk and purchased some Del Sol Color Change Nail Polish. I fell in love and ordered a few more from their web site. The polish is one color when you are inside, and changes to a completely different color when you are out in the sun. Not only is it fun, but it never seems to chip before I am ready to take it off.
3. Ever since I did my first Pur Minerals cosmetics review in 2011 , I have become their loyal customer. One of their products that I simply cannot live without during the warmer months is the Correcting Primer. It provides a silky smooth canvas for your makeup. None of that caking that you normally have to worry about on humid days. It also does a great job of reducing the appearance of pores and creating a flawless, uniform skin tone. Love this stuff!
4. I am kinda fanatical about Philosophy products. I have been for years. During the summer months I love using their shampoo, shower gel & bubble bath combos, and my favorite scent right now is the Melon Daiquiri. It’s simply divine. They also have the Melon Daiquiri flavored lip shine. It’s deee-lish.
5. Just in case you never noticed, I have a thing for cupcakes. I admit that my cupcake liner collection is starting to get a little out of control. Currently, my favorite spring cupcake liners are these Martha Stewart Crafts Pastel Dotted Baking Cups that I have purchased from Amazon. They just scream spring to me!
6. As you can see from my pictures, I am a plus size gal. I always struggle over finding clothes that are comfortable, while still being stylish. This spring I will practically be living in Cropped Leggings from Ulla Popken. They are a made from a high quality cotton-rich knit with supportive stretch. I am not a fan of my knees, so I like to wear them under short summer dresses and long tunics. I find they run true to size.
What are your favorite things for spring?
We’ve teamed up with A Helicopter Mom once again to bring you a chance to win a $50 Visa Gift Card to buy your own favorite things for Spring. What would you buy if you won? Giveaway is open worldwide, ages 18+! U.S. resident will have the prizing option of a $50 VISA Gift Card. Winner outside of the U.S. will receive $50 (USD) via Paypal. Giveaway ends on April 28, 2014 at 11:59pm EST.
Anne E says
Plants and soil for a container kitchen garden! Gotta get that going before it’s too late.
Lisa L says
I would buy some swimwear for my kids
I’d like to buy coffee and tea with the Visa.
Jessamine D. says
I will buy a pair of sandals for my daughters. 🙂
I’d like to buy baby clothes for our baby due in August
Christy Denton says
If I won this gift card I would buy diapers and wipes or groceries.
I’d like to get some new running sneakers
Samantha Hill says
Some aloe for a really bad sunburn
I don’t know what i’ll buy???????????