I am no fuss when it comes to makeup. However, this was not always the case. I used to spend a lot of time in front of the mirror applying makeup and styling my hair. These days I spend no more than five minutes applying makeup and my hair is normally pulled back. I think that even with a quick five minute makeup routine, busy moms can still look fantastic!
It seems that I always have a new favorite beauty product, but the following are included in my current routine:
1. Moisturizer – I have oily skin, so I tend to only moisturize at night with a product like Sibu Sea Buckthorn Rejuvenating Night Cream.
2. Foundation – Mineral powder makeup is so much easier for me to apply and it’s very natural looking. Currently, I am using Monave Mineral Powder Foundation in the color Caroline. With a large brush, I quickly swirl some onto my forehead, cheeks, chin and nose.
3. Powder – Like I said before, my skin is pretty oily so powder is a must for me. With that same large brush, using quick circular motions I brush on Monave Seracite Primer. It does a great job of taking care of the shine all day.
4. Cheeks – Powder mineral blushes are a snap to apply. Just an ever so small amount of Everyday Minerals Blush in the color Snuggle goes onto my cheeks.
5. Eyes – Keep it simple is my motto when it comes to eyes. I use one fabulous color over my entire lid. The pearl colors really help brighten everything up. With a small brush, I apply a small amount of Everyday Minerals Pearl Eyes in the color Smokey Pink over my entire lid. This color is fabulous because you get that smokey eye look without all the fuss!
6. Mascara – My must have cosmetic item would have to be mascara. I look like a ghost without it. Pur Minerals Impact+ Mascara in Black is a great one that I reviewed recently and continue to use. Just one quick layer does the trick!
7. Lips – It’s been years since I have worn lipstick or liner. I much prefer a tinted lip gloss and probably have more lip gloss than any other cosmetic item. Monave lip glazes are some of my favorites.
I don’t claim to be a beauty expert, but am pretty good at managing my time. This five minute makeup routine will give you a fresh, natural look and get you out the door fast.