I am no fuss when it comes to makeup. However, this was not always the case. I used to spend a lot of time in front of the mirror applying makeup and styling my hair. These days I spend no more than five minutes applying makeup and my hair is normally pulled back. I think that even with a quick five minute makeup routine, busy moms can still look fantastic!
It seems that I always have a new favorite beauty product, but the following are included in my current routine:
1. Moisturizer – I have oily skin, so I tend to only moisturize at night with a product like Sibu Sea Buckthorn Rejuvenating Night Cream.
2. Foundation – Mineral powder makeup is so much easier for me to apply and it’s very natural looking. Currently, I am using Monave Mineral Powder Foundation in the color Caroline. With a large brush, I quickly swirl some onto my forehead, cheeks, chin and nose.
3. Powder – Like I said before, my skin is pretty oily so powder is a must for me. With that same large brush, using quick circular motions I brush on Monave Seracite Primer. It does a great job of taking care of the shine all day.
4. Cheeks – Powder mineral blushes are a snap to apply. Just an ever so small amount of Everyday Minerals Blush in the color Snuggle goes onto my cheeks.
5. Eyes – Keep it simple is my motto when it comes to eyes. I use one fabulous color over my entire lid. The pearl colors really help brighten everything up. With a small brush, I apply a small amount of Everyday Minerals Pearl Eyes in the color Smokey Pink over my entire lid. This color is fabulous because you get that smokey eye look without all the fuss!
6. Mascara – My must have cosmetic item would have to be mascara. I look like a ghost without it. Pur Minerals Impact+ Mascara in Black is a great one that I reviewed recently and continue to use. Just one quick layer does the trick!
7. Lips – It’s been years since I have worn lipstick or liner. I much prefer a tinted lip gloss and probably have more lip gloss than any other cosmetic item. Monave lip glazes are some of my favorites.
I don’t claim to be a beauty expert, but am pretty good at managing my time. This five minute makeup routine will give you a fresh, natural look and get you out the door fast.
looks great! you don’t wear eyeliner? i can never get myself to look awake without eyeliner and i am always envious of women who don’t have to use it!
Marvelous Mommy says
Gorgeous! I usually do a lip gloss opposed to a lip stick too!
Still Blonde after all these YEARS says
Great sensible tips. Can you put it on in the car (teehee)
About A Mom says
Haha…not recommended. I was once rear ended on the interstate by a woman who was applying her makeup.
Rebecca Xavier says
I hear you on the five minute time limit to get ready in the morning.
Hi gorgeous! I only need a few items but still, I’m always searching for that perfection.
I like how natural your cheeks look. Hard to find blush that doesn’t look patchy. If I can leave out the door in 5 minutes – hey, who wouldn’t take that advice. Your makeup looks very healthy and youthful.
Aymee I. says
Makeup looks great and natural, 5 minutes is the amount of time I’d like to spend on makeup.
Sylvia Ortiz says
Thank you for your make-up tips, especially on the “solutions” for oily skin.
Deb Hornick Gotham says
Thanks!! Great tips and looks great:)