Being a mom and living in the sunshine state are two things I am very thankful for. One of the perks for us parents living in Florida is the ability to provide a lifetime of “tomorrows” for our children, thanks to affordable college savings plans through Florida Prepaid.
Thinking about how to pay for college is something many parents lose sleep over. You can hope and pray for a scholarship, but there’s no guarantee. If you’re like me, your child’s future isn’t something you want to gamble with. I much prefer a sure bet which is why a Florida Prepaid savings plan for college makes a lot of sense.
This post is sponsored through my partnership with Florida Prepaid.
Enroll in a Florida Prepaid plan this Open Enrollment season and your family can get 50% off LEGOLAND® Florida tickets! Learn more.
There’s a lot to consider when choosing a savings plan for college, so I’m sharing some of the benefits of Florida Prepaid College Plans to hopefully help you make the decision that’s right for your family.
As a parent, you invest in your child’s life every day. It’s those little things you do each day, but also the experiences you share with them and the long-term investments you make for them that matter so much. I know the importance of a college education, and want to make sure my daughter gets the education she deserves.
I don’t want her to have any worries when it comes time to pay for college.
If only all days could be like this, but I’ll settle for worry-free college savings.
5 Reasons to Open a Florida Prepaid Savings Plan for College
1. Florida Prepaid is an investment in your child’s future. It pays to have an education. According to data from the U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics, graduates with bachelor’s degrees nationwide earn on average 65% more per year than those without.
Unfortunately, college comes with a hefty price tag and it keeps going up. According to the College Board, the price of an undergraduate college degree has risen by 213% from the 1980’s to now. I know so many millennials who are burdened with student loan debt. This is something I don’t want my daughter to have to worry about in her twenties and thirties.
What if you could pay for your child’s future college education at today’s rates?
2. Pay for future college at today’s rates. You can never lose what you pay into a Florida Prepaid plan and you will lock in this year’s monthly rate! One of the biggest benefits of a Florida Prepaid College Plan is that it allows you to lock in college plan prices and prepay, on a monthly or lump-sum basis, the future cost of college tuition and more. When your student is ready for college, the Plan pays the costs covered under your plan type at any Florida College or State University, even if the cost of college is higher than anticipated when your plan prices were set.
3. Save $30 off the application fee. Use promo code MOM19 to save $30 off the application fee. When you sign up for a prepaid plan, there is an application fee of $50. Open enrollment ends on April 30 get $30 off the application fee, through the end of open enrollment on April 30 by using promo code MOM19. Visit Florida Prepaid to learn more and to take advantage of this offer.
4. Plan options for every family. Florida Prepaid offers a variety of options and plans for your family’s budget, including a 1-Year Florida University Plan. Starting under $50 a month, you can purchase up to 30 credit hours at a time without the pressure of purchasing all 4 years at once. See all of the Florida Prepaid college plans to find which one is right for you.
5. Worry free investment. Every Florida Prepaid College Plan is GUARANTEED by the State of Florida, so you’ll never lose what you have invested. At a time of financial uncertainty in the economy, Florida Prepaid offers a guarantee for families that they can never lose what they pay in – and that when it’s time for their child to attend college, Florida Prepaid will cover future tuition costs, regardless of any increase. There are additional safeguards in place to cover life changes. Learn more about them here.
Do you think a Florida Prepaid college savings plan is right for your family? Don’t forget that open enrollment ends April 30th and you can use promo code MOM19 to save $30 off the application fee
I encourage my daughter to try new things and reach for the stars. It took a lot of courage for her to try this bungee trampoline, but she did it and had a lot of fun.
I want her to know that she is capable of achieving great things, and I will do everything I can to help her reach those goals. Saving for her future is one way I can do that.
Florida Prepaid is the largest and longest-running prepaid program in the nation. More than 1 million families have purchased Florida Prepaid College Plans since 1988, and more than 460,000 students have gone to college using Prepaid Plan benefits, creating a generational legacy of affordable higher education access.
You might also like: