It’s been more than a few years since this Grandma has been in school, so I am thankful for all the help I can get when it comes to homework time for my grandchildren. Over summer break, I had great success in getting my granddaughters to read but convincing them to brush up on math was a little more challenging for me. Getting the opportunity to try out Go Math! Academy, an online learning program couldn’t have come at a better time for us.
I received compensation from Houghton Mifflin Harcourt for writing this post.
Go Math! Academy is an online, at-home learning program based on Houghton Mifflin Harcourt’s enormously successful GO Math!™ textbook curriculum. Used by over 7 million kids worldwide, Go Math! Academy offers thousands of math practice problems, hundreds or help videos, and plenty of games and rewards to make learning fun!
Go Math! Academy makes learning fun for kids. When we set up Maddie’s profile, she got to choose a journey – Jungle World or Sky World. It’s an environment for learning without pressure. There are several things that I really like about Go Math! Academy. The first being the positive reinforcement the child receives at each step. As activity lessons are completed, awards are achieved. There’s even a special section where you can view the awards gained, and you can print them out as well.
I especially like that there are help related features that assist children if they have problems understanding a skill. If your child gets an answer wrong, Go Math! Academy makes sure to tell them what they missed and lets them correct it. Once a skill is mastered, children can move around a bit and try the higher levels of that particular skill.
For parents, you can track your child’s progress on a dashboard that is password protected, making it easy to review what skill your child is on at any time.
Key features of Go Math! Academy:
- Lively, engaging online experience lets children select a theme to launch their own personal math journey1
- Independent learning empowers children to complete the grade-level curriculum in order to select the skill they want to practice.
- Skill-boosting approach offers step-by-step math problems to support practice.
- Entertaining help videos feature expert instructors (and loveable puppets to engage younger kids) who make math concepts clear and fun!
The online program currently covers grades K- 6. With my grandchildren getting older, I’m hoping this is soon extended to include middle school and high school. I think Go Math! Academy is great. It makes homework fun, it’s affordable and it saves money on tutoring.
Go Math! Academy is available in your choice of three payment plans (access for up to 5 children):
- Monthly: $9.99/month
- 6-months: $49.99 ($8.33/month) – a 17% savings
- 1-year: $79.99 ($6.67/month) – a 33% savings
Follow Go Math! Academy on social media:
- Follow @HMHAcademy on Twitter and #HMHAcademy
- Like Go Math! Academy on Facebook
- Follow Go Math! Academy on Pinterest
How does your child or grandchild feel about math?