It’s finally October, and one of my favorite months of the year since it’s Halloween month!
I have some oh-so fun Halloween lunch ideas to share with you, along with a some Halloween lunchbox notes with spooky Halloween jokes.
Monster Bento (Pictured Above)
Ingredients and Supplies
3 compartment lunch container (like the one pictured)
2 slices bread (I used whole wheat)
3 slices salami (or meat of your choice)
1 slice American Cheese
2 dill pickle chips
1 black olive (thinly sliced)
1 red fruit roll up
1 celery stalk
1 T cream cheese
1 Individual mandarin oranges container
Black sharpie pen
1. Use a round cookie cutter to cut out a perfect circle from each piece of wheat bread. If you don’t have a round cookie cutter, you could use the end of a drinking glass.
2. Use a knife to cut out small triangles all along the edge of the cheese slice to resemble teeth.
3. Place the 3 slices of meat on top of one of the circled pieces of bread.
4. Lay the cheesy sharp teeth on top of the meat and cover with second piece of circle bread.
5. Take the pickle chips and black olive slices and attach to the top of the bread with toothpicks (for the eyes). Place in lunch container.
6. Take a red fruit roll up and cut out a shape that resembles a tongue. Place on top of the sandwich. The fruit roll up will be a bit sticky and will have no problem sticking to the bread.
7. Cut a celery stalk into 3 pieces and fill with cream cheese. Top off with raisins to resemble ants on a log. Place in 2nd compartment of lunch container.
8. With a black sharpie, draw the face of a Jack o lantern on an individual container of mandarin oranges. Place in final compartment.
Halloween Pumpkin Bento Box (Pictured Above)
Ingredients and Supplies
1 Bento Box
1 sharp knife
4 slices American cheese
Strawberry stem for garnish
Green jello container
1. With a sharp knife, cut a Jack o lantern face into a tortilla. Discard cut out pieces.
2. Take another tortilla and cover it with 4 pieces of American cheese.
3. Place the jack o lantern tortilla on top of the cheese covered tortilla and microwave for 20 seconds.
4. Let cool for a few minutes.
5. Place a strawberry stem at the top for garnish.
6. Add washed strawberries to second compartment.
7. With a black sharpie, draw the face of Frankenstein on an individual green jello and place in the last compartment.
Free Printable Lunchbox Notes with Spooky Jokes
Make lunchtime more fun with some Halloween Lunchbox Jokes! Download and print them for free from my DropBox, for your own personal use.
In case you missed them, here are some other Halloween lunch ideas we have shared!
Healthy Halloween Treats – Ghostly Bananas
Happy Halloween Month!!!
Follow Laura and Angela’s board Halloween Treats, Party Ideas, Costumes & More on Pinterest.
If you liked this post, please follow us on Facebook for more goodness.
Theresa @ Faith and Family Reviews says
Looks like fun!
These are so cute I wish I had the time and my daughter would eat them if I made them.
Janet W. says
I’ll have to print these out for my grandson! He would think they’re so funny! I’m going to use the drawing on the orange cup idea. Very cute!
Julie Wood says
These are really cute lunch box ideas! I like the cute Halloween cut outs and putting notes in the lunch box. It is such a pick me up!
Sarah Matos says
These are fun! I never though about putting jokes in a lunchbox! I love that idea.
Marcie W. says
What a fun idea for the special spooky season. I especially love those adorable notes!