Are you a high maintenance dog owner? Do you like playing fetch more than your dog? Below are examples of a high maintenance dog owner. I “might” resemble all of these. Please read through to the end and let me know which ones sound like you. This post is sponsored by Rachael Ray Nutrish.
Are you a high maintenance dog owner?
1. You hire a dog sitter if you’re going to be gone more than a few hours.
2. You leave detailed ‘dog care’ instructions for the dog sitter, along with pre-portioned food and treats.
3. You check in with the dog sitter almost hourly for an update. You text instead of call, because somehow that seems less manic.
4. You have security cameras in your home, but not because you are worried about being robbed. It’s so you can check a live feed of your dogs whenever you want. (Yes, I do this.)
5. While traveling you require daily pics of your fur babies, and show them to all of your traveling companions who “awwww” in unison, while secretly thinking you’re nuts. That is if you don’t take your dog on vacation with you.
6. When you wake up in that lonely hotel room bed, you find yourself looking around for that furry little bundle of joy that’s usually snuggled up beside you.
7. You like playing fetch more than your dog.
8. Even though you are not a morning person, you schedule your pup for the 8AM zoom groom at the groomers, to get groomed straight through, because your dog doesn’t like being placed in kennel.
9. You share your dog’s background and preferences with the groomer. That same person who has groomed your dog once a month for the last 3 years. Just in case she has forgotten.
10. You have a dog bed in every room of your home, regardless that the dogs sleep in your bed at night.
11. You own a dog stroller.
12. You start shopping for your dog’s Halloween costume in July.
13. Your dog has a wardrobe that rivals your kids closet.
14. You subject your dog to hours of petting and belly rubs, because YOU love it so much.
15. Your home is adorned with many photos of your dogs.
16. Your dog has his own recliner. (Yes, Winston has his own recliner.)
17. If your pup doesn’t feel like getting off the couch, you bring the treats to her. You might even spoon feed her dinner on occasion. (Don’t judge. Fionna deserves it.)
18. Because you love your dog so much, you feed them only the best. That’s why my two pups, Winston and Fionna, only eat Rachael Ray Nutrish dog food.
With help from pet nutrition experts at Ainsworth Pet Nutrition, Rachael Ray created Nutrish super-premium food for dogs. Nutrish dry and wet dog food recipes are made with simple, wholesome ingredients like real meat or fish, and do not contain poultry by-product meal or fillers. Rachael Ray Nutrish features whole food ingredients you can see, for a whole taste your dog will love.
Rachael’s personal proceeds go to Rachael’s Rescue®, which was created to help animals in need. To date, she has donated over $14MM. This money has gone toward food, medical supplies and treatments for these unfortunate animals.
All of the Rachael Ray Nutrish products are available where you shop for your family’s groceries, making specialty recipes accessible and convenient for every pet parent.
Connect with Rachael Ray Nutrish: Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter | Facebook
Toni | BoulderLocavore.com says
I do some of these but not all. But I know a few friends who are high maintenance dog owner! 😉
What a cute post, I know some high maintenance dog owners for sure. It’s just adorable though!
Marcie W. says
So much on this list made me laugh, but I would say I am a semi high maintenance dog owner. Our dog is a bit too large for a stroller but he does have two beds.
I don’t have dogs but am high maintenance with my cat.
Chrystal | Nevermore Lane says
I have never hired a dog sitter or taken them to a pet day care. LOL I do work from home so they are with me all day. I do take them to the doggie park.
Marielle Altenor says
I’m not a dog owner at all. I don’t know if I would be a high maintenance owner lol. My SO uncle was dating a woman that had a dog. She had a couch just for the dog and no one else could sit on it. That’s a bit odd to me lol
Lisa Rios says
We don’t have dogs at home, so I am really not sure about how much are spent for the maintenance part. But I think to make sure your dogs are happy & healthy it is important to make sure you spend the best possible amount for them anytime.
Robin Rue says
I might be a maintenance owner. This list honestly made me chuckle.
Jennifer Henry-Novich says
I know some people that do some of these things with their dogs and even with their cats. They really make me laugh with how much they treat them like children.
Pets are so much fun and all the more fun when you can laugh about how much you adore your furry friend.