This post is sponsored by Mirum, but all opinions expressed are my own.
So often the foods we like, don’t like us back. For me, it’s that spicy marinara sauce that I love so much, especially when paired with a glass of red wine. Garlic in anything. Mexican food. Sometimes, even my morning cup of coffee will cause that burn. Basically, a lot of the foods I enjoy tend to trigger my heartburn.
Heartburn can interrupt your daily life, and make you very uncomfortable.
Bad heartburn is no joking matter. That burning pain that rises up in your chest can be extremely uncomfortable. It gets even worse if you bend over or lie down. There’s no sleeping this discomfort away. Heartburn can interfere with your way of life, and keep you from doing the things that you enjoy. I’ve had to pass on things like dinner out with friends before, when my heartburn wasn’t being managed properly.
The last thing I want this summer is to miss out on something like a day at the beach, because of bad heartburn.
I’ve learned how to get rid of heartburn for the most part, and will share what has worked for me. I hope this helps you to get your own heartburn relief.
How to Get Heartburn Relief
1) Try the new Omeprazole Orally Disintegrating Tablet. When you are suffering from heartburn, the last thing you want to do is swallow something, even a pill. It dissolves quickly on your tongue to provide long lasting heartburn relief, for up to 24 hours. It’s a once-a-day taken for 14 days, as directed. Although some may experience relief in the first 24 hours, it may take 1-4 days for full effect.
I love the convenience of not having to find a bottle of water or water fountain. It’s great to keep in your bag for on-the-go heartburn relief. It comes in a pleasant strawberry flavor, and isn’t grainy or chalky.
Omeprazole ODT is conveniently available over the counter, and it’s an affordable store brand. Bring on the savings! Check out the price difference between Omeprazole Orally Disintegrating Tablets and the national brands here.
2) Learn your heartburn triggers. Spicy foods, acidic foods, and foods that contain a lot of grease or fat are common heartburn triggers. Pay attention to your body and what you eat. Keeping a food journal for a short time may even be helpful.
3) Eat smaller portions more frequently. Eating large meals can trigger heartburn. Instead, opt for 5 to 6 smaller meals throughout the day.
4) Chew gum after meals. This is said to stimulate saliva production. I’m personally not a gum chewer, but my dad swears by this method.
5) Sit up straight while you eat. Also, don’t lie down right away after mealtime. Sitting up or standing helps keep stomach contents where they belong.
6) Shed excess pounds. Being overweight puts you at risk of heartburn. I’ve lost 45 pounds since the first of the year, and have noticed less frequent occurrences of heartburn.
Get rid of heartburn and do more of the things that you love!
For me, these heartburn relief tips have been very helpful. The ease of taking Omeprazole ODT and the long lasting relief it provides can help keep you doing more of the activities that make you happy.
Have you experienced heartburn before? I’d love to hear what you look for in a heartburn medication.