A few weeks ago, I shared with you how I had decided to make one small change to improve my health. You see, I have always been a bit of a diet soda addict and on many days don’t drink anything else. I realize this isn’t a healthy habit for many reason. The first being some of the dangerous additives that are in diet soda, and the second being the absence of water in my diet. Thanks to the Puritan’s Pride One Small Change Movement and my participation in this sponsored campaign, I’ve been motivated to drastically reduce the amount of soda that I drink and replace it with water.
I haven’t completely cut diet soda out of my diet, but have reduced the amount that I drink down to one glass per day. On an average day, I am now drinking an average of 6 to 7 glasses of water. This is a major improvement for me with results that haven’t gone unnoticed.
As I get older and my hormones become more imbalanced, it seems like the results of my unhealthy habits become even more noticeable. For example, I have noticed that my skin has become more dry and my face is aging more rapidly in recent years. While I realize I can’t completely halt the wrinkles that come with aging, the simple act of drinking more water has my skin looking and feeling much healthier.
After just a few weeks the changes are subtle, but I can definitely say that I notice an over overall improvement in the way that I feel. Another perk of drinking more water is the money I am saving. Why didn’t I make this change years ago?
It’s interesting how making one small change can snowball into something much greater. I feel so good about making this change of drinking more water, that it’s motivated me to eat a healthier diet overall and go for walks more often. They haven’t been radical changes, because that doesn’t work for me at all. Taking these baby steps makes me feel like I am making some lasting lifestyle changes.
I feel really good about making these small changes for better health!
Take the Puritan’s Pride One Small Change Pledge! Here are some important health FACTS to consider when you choose the change that you want to make:
- Quitting smoking can add an average of a decade of life expectancy.
- Adding 20 minutes of walking to your daily routine lowers the risk of high blood pressure by 7.2%, high cholesterol by 7% and diabetes by 12.3%, over 6 years.
- Drinking 2 cups of water 30 minutes before each meal can lead to a 44% greater rate of weight loss over a 12-week period.
- Snacking on fruits or vegetables twice a day can lead to a 10% weight loss over 6 months.
- People eating at least 2 cups of fruit a day are 30% less likely to have a heart attack or stroke.
- Getting at least 7 hours of sleep every night can decrease the risk of weight gain due to sleep loss by 15%.
- Meditation and deep breathing exercises for 15 minutes a day for 3 months can decrease Cortisol, the hormone associated with physical & mental stress.
Puritan’s Pride began over 40 years ago, with the mission of making the finest quality nutritional supplements available at the best value to their customers. Today, the company remains true to its original commitment and serves over six million loyal customers. They manufacture more than 1,400 vitamins, minerals, herbs and other nutritional supplements in their state-of-the art facilities located throughout the U.S. As part of the company’s commitment to quality, Puritan’s Pride only uses ingredients from suppliers that meet their Quality Assurance Standards, as well as Good Manufacturing Practices food quality standards.
Right now, Puritan’s Pride is offering free shipping on all orders! Be sure to check back frequently for new offers.
Small changes in your life can improve your well-being. Puritan’s Pride wants to help. Pledge today, enter the sweepstakes to win $2,000 and prizes to help you stick to it.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Puritan’s Pride. The opinions and text are all mine.