If you're in the mood for lasagna but don't have the time, this comforting and delicious lasagna soup recipe is perfect.
1. Sauté Italian sausage and ground beef in a large pot over medium-high heat until browned.
2. Add the onions and garlic to the pot and cook until the onions have softened, about five minutes.
3. Stir in the Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper and the tomato paste. Cook until the tomato paste has browned slightly and evenly coated the meat and onions, about 3-4 minutes.
4. Add the diced tomatoes and chicken broth, give it a stir. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer 30 minutes.
5. Turn the heat back up to medium-high and bring to a boil before adding the pasta. Cook pasta until al dente according to the package directions (probably 8-10 minutes).
6. While the pasta is cooking, in a small bowl mix the ricotta, parmesan and pepper together.
7. To serve, spoon a little of the ricotta mixture onto the top each bowl of soup and sprinkle with shredded mozzarella. The cheeses will melt into the soup making it oh-so creamy and delicious.
Recipe by About a Mom at https://www.aboutamom.com/lasagna-soup-recipe/