Mini Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cinnamon Chocolate Frosting
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons softened butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, melted
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon, Ground
- 1 box (16 ounces) confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- For the Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line mini muffin pans with 36 liners. Set aside.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, soda, salt, and spices. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, with an electric mixer, combine butter and sugar until light and fluffy.Add in egg, pumpkin puree, dry ingredients, and then milk.
- Fill each lined cup and bake for about 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting.
- For the Frosting:
- Beat butter in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and melted chocolate; mix well.
- Stir cinnamon into confectioners' sugar. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended after each addition and scraping sides and bottom of bowl frequently.
- Beat in milk until light and fluffy. If frosting is too thick to spread, gradually beat in additional milk. Store in refrigerator up to 2 weeks. Rewhip before using.
Recipe by About a Mom at https://www.aboutamom.com/mini-pumpkin-cupcakes-cinnamon-chocolate-frosting/