To Create Shortcakes:
1) In a mixing bowl stir together the flour, baking powder, SPLENDA®, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in shortening till mixture resembles coarse crumbs. If you don't have a pastry blender just use two knives, criss-crossed, to slowly cut the butter up with the flour mixture in a scissors-like motion.
2) Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Add the milk. Using a fork, stir just till moistened and dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl. The dough will be sticky.
3) On a floured surface, lightly knead dough with floured hands for 30 seconds or until almost smooth. Lightly roll the dough to 3/4-inch thickness. Cut the dough with a 2 1/2-inch biscuit cutter, dipping cutter into flour between cuts.
4) Place the biscuits close together on a lightly greased baking sheet. Brush the tops with softened butter. Sprinkle with SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated and Cinnamon. Bake in a 475° oven for 11 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
1) Strawberry Filling- In a medium sized bowl, toss the berries with 6 tablespoons SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated. Add the lemon juice and stir to combine. Refrigerate until ready to use. This will help the berries release their natural juices.
2) Prepare biscuits according to above recipe.
3) When ready to serve, prepare the whipped cream. In a large chilled bowl, beat 1 1/2 cups cold whipping cream with 2 tablespoons SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated and vanilla until soft peaks form.
4) To serve- Slice cooled biscuits in half horizontally. Spoon the berries and their liquid over the bottom halves. Spoon the whipped cream on top of the strawberries, and replace top halves of shortcakes. Optionally, garnish each shortcake with a berry and mint leaf. Enjoy!
Recipe by About A Mom at https://www.aboutamom.com/mixed-berry-shortcakes/