- What do you think it’s for? It’s to stick in your ear.
- I brought you into this world and I can take you out.
- Just wait till your father gets home!
- A mother’s work is never done.
- Money doesn’t grow on trees.
- You’re face is going to freeze like that.
- Be careful or you’ll put your eye out.
- What if everyone jumped off a cliff? Would you do it, too?
- If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all.
- Because I said so, that’s why.
- I hope that when you grow up, you have kids just like you.
- Yes, I am the boss of you.
My mom was famous for one liners when I was a kid. I remember her wearing a t-shirt that said, “The more I know men, the better I like my dog”. I’ll share with you some of the best ones that I can recall.
I know that I’ve been guilty of using a few of these myself. Do you use any one liners with your kids? I would love to hear them.