I received a gift card for my participation in this campaign. All opinions are completely my own.
Are you a busy parent looking for things to help you embrace a healthy lifestyle for your family? I know how difficult it can be to make healthy meals when your life is feeling a bit crazy, especially on busy weeknights. I try really hard to prepare healthy meals, but it’s not always easy. If you’re not already familiar with Produce for Kids, now is the perfect time to get acquainted with them. Produce for Kids (PFK) is an organization that provides tools and resources for busy parents looking to embrace a healthy lifestyle and incorporate more fresh fruits and vegetables into their families’ daily diets. Produce for Kids is dedicated to educating families on the benefits of healthy eating and supporting worthy causes for children. PFK educates shoppers about healthy eating through a promotional campaign in the produce department of grocery stores across the U.S. PFK is dedicated to educating families on the benefits of heatlhy eating!
Produce for Kids has recently redesigned their site offering even more tools, resources, nutritional information, and great content than ever before. The site is better than ever! I am especially excited about the Produce for Kids Forum where you can have discussions with experts and other parents.
More details about the fantastic new resources for parents and kids on the redesigned site:
· New Ideal Meals: the recipe section of the website contains easy-to-prepare complete meals (main dish and sides) approved by Estela Schnelle, the official Produce for Kids registered dietitian. Ideal Meals offer healthy meal options for the whole family and feature fresh produce as the main ingredients. ProduceforKids.com now boasts more than 120 complete meals covering breakfast, snack, lunch, dinner and dessert.
· Parents on Produce® Blog: Known as “Real Advice for Parents by Parents,” Parents on Produce (P.O.P) is a blog where parents can find simple tips from PFK P.O.P. Board Members to make healthy eating stress-free and fun, and take the guesswork out of ways to prepare healthy meals that kids will actually eat and love. Parents are encouraged to comment on blog articles and share them through social media outlets to keep the healthy eating conversation going.
· Produce Tips: Curious about how to pick, store and prep different fruits and veggies? Check out the Produce Tips section of ProduceforKids.com for tips straight from the growers to learn how to maximize the life of produce.
· The latest news: Want more information about when the Produce for Kids grocery store campaigns start or which supermarket chains are participating? Curious about other companies spreading the healthy eating message? Check out the news section for updates from Produce for Kids and its partners.
· Produce for Kids Forum: Have questions for the Produce for Kids experts? Want to talk with peers about getting the kiddies to eat healthy, trade exercise ideas and cooking tips, or chat about the joys of motherhood? The Produce for Kids Forum provides a place to ask questions, chat and learn from others. Current conversations include healthy back-to-school snacks and produce tips. The team at Produce for Kids will be randomly selecting forum participants to receive $25 gift card giveaways during the virtual launch.
Join us for a #ProduceforKids Twitter Party!
When: Tuesday, October 22, 2013, at 9pm EST
Prizes: Sprout Chica Prize Pack
Tweet it out!
— About a Mom (@aboutamom) October 21, 2013
I hope to see some of you during the Twitter party on Tuesday and over in the forum at ProduceforKids.com.