Saturday Featured Blog introduces Lisa of Red Door Kitchen. Red Door Kitchen has many delicious recipes with mouth watering photos. I always leave her site feeling a bit hungry!
Lisa has been married to her high school sweetheart for almost 22 years. She has a 16 year old daughter and purchased her ‘forever home’ four years ago. Lisa is an avid photographer and recently returned to college to complete a degree in business and technology.
Red Door Kitchen was started this past spring as a way for Lisa to share her love of cooking. She tries to
cook as many things from scratch as possible. She also uses as many fresh and locally grown ingredients as she can. Lisa does not claim to be a trained cook or chef, but she has learned a few tricks and tips along the way to make cooking easier. Lisa uses Red Door Kitchen to encourage people to step out of their comfort zone in the kitchen and try something new.
I asked Lisa to answer the following five questions, so we can get to know her a bit better:
1. Do you have any pet peeves? People who mistreat their animals.
2. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas, I love the cooking and baking, decorating, and spending time with my family and friends.
3. What is your go-to meal for a busy week night? Spaghetti and Meatballs. At the weekend, I’ll make and pre-cook a big batch of meatballs and freeze them. All I have to do on a busy night is thaw them in the microwave for a few minutes, then simmer them on the stove top in the sauce for 30 minutes. While they cook I can make a salad, garlic bread, and cook the spaghetti.
4. Favorite all time movie? The Princess Bride. Romance, comedy and sword fights. (Oh and Carey Elweys!)
5. What is your signature look or accessory? An apron, at least in the kitchen. I’m a messy cook! I stick to neutrals (black,gray, khaki) and add a few accent colors. It makes it so much easier to shop, as well as get ready on a busy morning.
Please be sure to visit Red Door Kitchen and check out Lisa’s wonderful blog!
If you are interested in being our Saturday Featured Blog, please submit this form.