Since there is some diabetes in my family and I am currently overweight, I have become more conscientious about my sugar intake. Unfortunately, I still crave something sweet. There are quite a few sugar substitutes on the market, but they all seem to have an aftertaste or just don’t taste enough like the real thing.
I was so happy when the people at skoopz asked me to do a review for them! Skoopz is an all-natural sugar substitute. It’s the perfect alternative to sugar, high fructose corn syrup, and artificial sweeteners. With skoopz you get the taste, look and feel of sugar without all the calories.
What is skoopz made from?
- Erythritol – A naturally occurring sugar found in melons, grapes, soy and wines.
- Xylitol – Occurs naturally in many fruits and vegetables.
- Maltitol – A naturally occurring sugar substitute that has up to 90% of the sweetness of sucrose (table sugar) and nearly identical properties.
- Stevia – An herb in the Chrysanthemum family that grows wild as a small shrub in parts of Paraguay and Brazil.
- Maltodextrin – This gives skoopz the natural feel of sugar. It is a proprietary blend that is easily digestible.
Important skoopz facts
- Skoopz is safe for children, people with diabetes, women who are pregnant and nursing mothers.
- Skoopz ingredients do not promote tooth decay.
- Does not contain any ingredients derived from wheat, oats, rye or barley, and does not contain detectable levels of gluten.
- Skoopz is certified kosher.
- Skoopz is made from five natural ingredients and is chemical free.
The Taste Test
I have been using skoopz in my morning coffee and my evening cup of tea for a couple of weeks and can honestly say that skoopz taste more like sugar than any artificial sweetener I have used before. It has the same consistency as sugar and there is no noticeable aftertaste. Skoopz is currently working on a baking formula of granulated skoopz that can be used cup-for-cup just like sugar. By using the conversion chart on the skoopz web site, I was able to use skoopz to make a batch of our favorite chocolate chip cookies. I honestly could not tell any difference in the cookies. They were great and I felt like I could eat a few extra.
Get It: It is exciting that skoopz got its start right here in my home state of Georgia, in the Atlanta suburb of Dunwoody. Skoopz is produced, packaged and distributed in Atlanta. Skoopz is currently available for purchase in twelve states. Skoopz is available to purchase online from the skoopz store or use the online store locator, to find a location near you.
Would you like to have skoopz sold in your local store? Join the skoopz troopz and sign the WE WANT OUR SKOOPZ petition!
Win It: One lucky About A Mom reader will win a skoopz prize package containing a 100-count box of skoopz, skoopz mug (I have been enjoying my morning coffee in one), and an adult size skoopz t-shirt. Giveaway is open to US residents. Please use the Rafflecopter form below to enter.
Leave a Reply