As far back as I remember, one one of my favorite Easter treats has been Peeps. My son loves them too. It just wouldn’t seem like Easter without them. I have such a yummy surprise in store for you! Snickerdoodle cookies paired with marshmallow Peeps and chocolate make such a delicious Easter s’mores treat.
I have been seeing so many different Easter treats made with Peeps lately. They are all over Pinterest. So, I couldn’t help but share these Snickerdoodle Peeps S’mores with you. They are Peeps with a fun twist. How could it not be a hit? Since one of my favorite cookie flavors is snickerdoodle, it seemed the perfect companion to the Peeps. Spring is the best time to have s’mores, why not combine all of the above and make a Snickerdoodle Peep S’more?. Sounds like a perfect treat to me!
SNICKERDOODLE PEEPS SMORES- Treats Made With Peeps
2 Snickerdoodle cookies – store bought or see recipe below
2 squares Ghirardelli chocolate toffee bar
1 large square gourmet white chocolate (I used Lindt)
1 Peeps Easter egg marshmallow
1/4 cup Wilton white chocolate melts
1 Tablespoon Heath toffee bits
1. Place the white chocolate square on the bottom of a SNICKERDOODLE cookie. Microwave for 30 minutes to soften.
2. Place chocolate toffee square on the bottom of another cookie and microwave for 30 seconds to soften.
3. Place Peeps marshmallow egg on top of the cookie with the softened white chocolate and microwave for an additional 15 seconds.
4. Place the cookie with the toffee chocolate on top and gently press down to allow the marshmallow Peeps egg to expand.
5. In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the white chocolate melts for 40 seconds. Stir until completely melted.
6. With a spoon, drizzle the white chocolate onto the top of the Smores.
7. Sprinkle the Heath toffee bits on top of the drizzled chocolate.
INGREDIENTS FOR SNICKERDOODLE COOKIES
2 sticks (1 cup) butter – softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar plus 1/4 cup
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon cinnamon plus 1 Tablespoon
3 cups all purpose flour
DIRECTIONS FOR SNICKERDOODLE COOKIES
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, add the butter and both sugars.
4. With an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugars for 2-3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
4. On medium speed, mix in the egg and vanilla and beat for one minute.
5. Add the baking soda, cream of tartar, salt and 2 teaspoon cinnamon. Mix on low speed until well incorporated.
6. Add the flour, a little bit at a time, mixing on low speed until just combined.
7. Add 1/4 cup granulated sugar and 1 Tablespoon to a small bowl shallow enough to roll the cookie dough in.
8. Form the cookie dough into 2 inch balls and roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
9. Place on parchment-lined cookie sheet at least 2 inches apart.
10. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until they are a nice golden brown.
11. Leave cookies on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to completely cool.