Southwestern Turkey Casserole
Yield 12 servings
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack or cheese blend
- 1 package (12-1/2 ounces) tortilla chips, crushed
- Prepare greased 13 inch x 9 inch baking dish. In a medium size pot, saute onions and green pepper in butter until tender. Stir in the turkey, soup, sour cream and spinach. Spoon half of the turkey mixture into the baking dish. Then a layer of cheese and tortilla chips. Repeat layers.
- Bake casserole, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe by About a Mom at https://www.aboutamom.com/southwestern-turkey-casserole/