Spider Chip Cookies for Halloween
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- [b]Spiders: [/b]
- Black Gel Frosting
- Red Gel Frosting (Optional)
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat together butter, white sugar, brown sugar and vanilla.
- Using a stand mixer (or hand mixer) add eggs one at time to butter mixture, beating well after each addition. Continue to beat mixture until creamy.
- Slowly add in your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients, mixing well and scraping the sides of the bowl down. Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate dough for 1-2 hours, or until chilled through.
- Drop 1 inch sized balls of dough onto a well greased cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 9-10 minutes.
- [b]Spider Instructions:[/b]
- Allow cookies to cool on a baking rack. Once cookies have cooled completely, add a small dot of black gel frosting.
- Using a toothpick, pull the frosting out at 4 corners to create the main 4 legs of your spider.
- Continuing pulling out 2 additional legs on each side, in between the larger lines.
- Drop a small dot of red gel frosting onto the bottom of the spider to give it a Black Widow look.
Recipe by About a Mom at https://www.aboutamom.com/spider-chip-cookies-halloween/