The famous Cat in the Hat is a favorite in our house. We have several Dr. Seuss books, but the The Cat in the Hat is one the kids grab the most to read.
We made a paper plate Cat in the Hat kid craft to go with favorite Dr. Seuss book.
The Cat in the Hat is one of the most popular of Dr. Seuss’s books. A cat in a hat shows up, transforming the dull day into a adventurous slightly mischievous day for Sally and Dick and almost wrecking the place in the process!
- Paper plate
- Black paint
- Black marker
- White card stock
- Red paper (construction or card stock)
- Glue stick
- Hat template
1. Turn the plate over to the back and paint the outside rim of the plate black and allow to dry.
2. While the paint is drying, print the hat template on white card stock.
3. Cut 3 stripes of red paper and glue them to the hat, leaving space between each red stripe to make a red and white striped hat.
4. Glue the hat to the top of the paper plate and use a black marker or crayon to draw a face on the cat.
Written by About a Mom contributor, Kim. Kim, the mama behind The Resourceful Mama, is a medical social worker turned stay at home mom to three. She enjoys sharing simple crafts and activities, parenting and homemaking tips, and a lot of holiday fun.