Disney’s “The Muppets” is available on Blu-Ray, DVD, and On-Demand March 20, 2012!
About “The Muppets”
One of the year’s best-loved family comedies and among the best reviewed films of 2011, Disney’s “The Muppets,” starring Jason Segel, Academy Award®-nominee Amy Adams, and favorite celebrity couple Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy — debuts March 20 on Blu-ray™ Combo Pack, DVD, Digital Download and On-Demand formats.
A must-own movie the entire family can enjoy, Disney’s “The Muppets” in-home release includes the DVD and music soundtrack packaged together and also offered as the ultimate Muppets experience, a ‘Wocka-Wocka Value Pack,’ which contains the movie on Blu-ray high definition, DVD and Digital Copy (three discs), plus a download card which allows fans to own all the songs from the film’s hugely popular soundtrack.
Bunch of Weirdos
We received the Wocka Wocka Value Pack to review, which includes “The Muppets” on Blu-ray, DVD, Digital Copy and Soundtrack. I think I was even more excited than the kids over this review! I missed “The Muppets” in the theater and have eagerly been awaiting the DVD and Blu-ray release. The singing, dancing, and jokes combined with my favorite Muppet characters from childhood creates pure Disney magic. Jason Segel and Amy Adams are perfectly cast as Gary and Mary. There is even a new addition to the Muppet gang, Walter, the world’s biggest Muppet fan and Gary’s (Segel’s character) younger brother.
Walter, Gary and Gary’s girlfriend Mary are tasked with helping to raise over $10 million to save The Muppet Theater. They convince Kermit to come out of retirement and help his fellow Muppets put on a spectacular fundraiser show. A throw back to the old show, a slew of celebrity cameos and the famed Muppets music is featured.
The music, dancing and corny jokes are fantastic! “The Muppets” delivered far more entertainment than I had anticipated, and I was expecting it to be pretty great.
Miss Piggy is thrilled at the movies Blu-ray release – “Now you can watch moi whenever you want! Ooh! Lucky vous!”
The Blu-ray version includes a really cool feature, a groundbreaking industry first called ‘Disney Intermission,’ It’s a hilarious all-new feature that allows viewers to press Pause on their remote control and watch as the Muppets take over the screen and entertain until the movie resumes playing. So if you need to go to the kitchen to pop some more popcorn, no worries, the kids will be entertained.
Available March 20th, the Wocka Wocka Value Pack includes the Blu-ray, the DVD, a digital copy DVD-ROM, and a code for downloading the film’s complete soundtrack.
This exciting release also includes the hilarious featurette “A Little Screen Test on the Way to the Read Through,” which follows Jason Segel, Kermit, The Great Gonzo, Fozzie Bear, Miss Piggy and others as they get ready for the first day of production, and much more fun.
Also included in the Wonka Wonka Value Pack:
- The Longest Blooper Reel Ever Made (In Muppet History––We Think) – A laugh out loud look at the actors’ funny gaffs and gags from behind the scenes of making Disney’s “The Muppets.”
- Disney Intermission – Groundbreaking Blu-ray feature. Pausing a movie will never be this much fun, as the Muppets take over the screen every time you stop the disc!
- Scratching The Surface: A Hasty Examination of the Making of Disney’s “The Muppets.” Hosted by unit production manager monster J.G., the cast and crew take a behind the scenes look at making Muppet and movie history.
- Explaining Evil: The Full Tex Richman Song. Rapping his way through the story of his miserable life, Tex tells audiences why he turned out to be such a rotten guy.
- A Little Screen Test on the way to the Read Through. This hilarious footage follows the Muppet gang as they go to their first table reading of the script.
- Eight Deleted Scenes
- Audio Commentary with Jason Segel, James Bobin and Nicholas Stoller
- The Combo Pack also comes with the popular theatrical spoof trailers
- The Complete Soundtrack
Some Fun Muppet Activities to Download and Print
Disclosure: About A Mom received the product mentioned above for review. No compensation was received. All thoughts and opinions are our own.