What is Detox all about?
It is a way to remove toxins and pollutants from the body, through a short-term diet. A detox diet can be done very easily by simply cutting out alcohol, caffeine, and processed foods (white flour, sugar, artificial ingredients, etc. There are also some extreme detox diets out there like liquid only detox diets. A detox diet is different than your average weight loss diet; if you’re simply interested in losing weight, there are easier methods, such as using the Sensa weight loss system.
What are the benefits of a detox diet?
A detox eliminates things in your diet that you should be trying to avoid anyway. Omitting certain foods can help you feel lighter, cleaner and more energized. It allows your body to focus on self-healing and raise energy levels. Other benefits include: stimulated digestive system, remove bloating, improved concentration and mood. It can even get rid of headaches.
Key Stimulants to Avoid
- Refined white sugar
- Diet Pills
- Red meat
- Saturated fats
How to detox?
There are many different detoxification programs and detox recipes.
- 3-7 day juice fast – On this detox plan you are drinking only fresh fruit and vegetable juices and water.
- There are detoxing programs available that cleanse the body using a combination of fiber, vitamins, herbs and minerals.
- Drinking only water one day each week is an ancient detoxification practice of many cultures.
- Lemon detox – A lemon juice fast that typically lasts for 10 days. The lemon detox diet consists of fresh squeezed lemon, pure water, 100% maple syrup and cayenne pepper.
Simple ways to help your body detoxify.
- Eat a lot of fiber rich foods such as: brown rice and organically grown fruits and vegetables. Beets, artichokes, cabbage, radishes, broccoli and seaweed are very good sources of detoxifying foods.
- Take vitamin C which helps the body produce glutathione, a liver compound that drives away toxins.
- Try to breathe deeply, allowing oxygen to better circulate through your system.
- Take herbs such as dandelion root, burdock and milk thistle to cleans and protect the liver.
- Drink green tea.
- Sweat it out in a sauna.
- Exercise regularly, one hour every day.
I think a detox diet can be very beneficial, as long as it is not too extreme. Also, make sure you are doing it for the health benefits and not because it is a fad. If you are feeling energized all is good, but if you are feeling light headed or lethargic it is not healthy.
I have definitely noticed that I don’t feel good after eating red meat. It seems like my body does not digest it properly. So red meat will definitely go. A 3 day fruit and vegetable juice diet is probably what I will begin with. I’ll be sure to let you know how it goes.
Does anyone have detox tips to share? I am curios to learn what has worked for you, my very smart readers!
The Clothspring says