2015 was another amazing, busy and delicious year for us at About a Mom. We’ve been so grateful for the support we’ve received and the opportunities we’ve had to visit some remarkable cities and meet some amazing people. Before we take a look at the most viewed, top 10 recipes of 2015 let me just take a moment to say THANK YOU to you, dear reader. Thanks for visiting this blog, trying some of our recipes, and leaving such thoughtful comments. You are the best!
This is the 4th year that I have done a best of recipes list at the end of the year. The top recipes of 2015 is an interesting mixture of both old and new recipes. Some of them have made an appearance on the top 2012, 2013, and 2014 lists. I can’t wait to see if they make the list again next year!
Delicious casseroles, slow cooker recipes, desserts and freezer meals all top the list. A few of the older recipes have the most awful pictures, but have done so well over the years that I am hesitant to change them. I’ve probably made the Double Fudge Coca Cola Cake for my family a few dozen times since the recipe was first published here on the blog. Maybe 2016 will be the year that I decide to update those tired old images?
Top 10 Recipes of 2015
1. Texas Turtle Cake – Wow. This decadent chocolate cake recipe went viral in 2015, and moved up from the #2 spot last year! Loaded up with chocolate, caramel and pecans it’s easy to understand why.
2. Rigatoni Pasta Bake – Our most viewed recipe from the previous year, this cheesy rigatoni pasta bake is still a favorite. It’s hearty, simple to prepare and perfect for a lot of people.
3. Freezer Lasagna – I am so excited to see this freezer lasagna made it to the top 3 most viewed recipes. Last January I spent a week visiting my son in Tennessee and filled his freezer with mom’s home cooking. This lasagna freezer meal is one of his favorites that I made.
4. Simple Chicken Enchiladas with White Sauce – This recipe is an old favorite of mine. I’m thrilled that it has consistently received a lot of views the last few years.
5. CrockPot Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti – I’ve been making this same slow cooker recipe for the last 20 years. It’s nice to see that it’s still a reader favorite.
6. Baklava – Ever since Laura (Mom) first made this baklava recipe, it has been a holiday staple for our family.
7. Fresh Peach Cheesecake – This is hands down the best cheesecake you’ll ever eat!
8. Double Fudge Coca Cola Cake – By far my family’s most requested cake. We have had this for so many birthday celebrations. This recipe rivals the one they serve at Cracker Barrel.
9. Apple Butter Cake with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting – Inspired by a trip I made to Asheville, this yummy snack cake is one you have to try. It’s oh-so good!
10. Chili Mac Casserole – This comforting casserole comes together quickly and is perfect for a busy weeknight.
There you have it, the top 10 recipes of 1015 on About a Mom! Which ones will you be trying?
Cheers to 2016 and lots of good eats!